“Older hotel”

Sandman Hotel Revelstoke
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Revelstoke
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I made a reservation the day before we arrived for one night on the long weekend and didn't have much choice on hotels as the town ended up being sold out. This hotel is definitely showing its age and there was a smell to the hallways. The front desk lady was friendly, helpful, and full of suggestions for our evening. The room was big and clean, but overpriced. The bathroom was small and the wi-fi connection wasn't the best.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Staff is amazing. The manager in training was so kind, great listener and problem solver and a joy to deal with. The lot has lots of parking and is easy to get in and out of, not to mentino the beautifully landscaped area and clean rooms and pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Had no choice but stay there, other places were full, unless we pay up to $220 or so. We ended up paying $185ish for a 2 queen room.. SVC was ok, room pretty clean, paint on the window and clothes rack were peeling, lampshade had stains, not sound proof enough, could hear upstairs using washroom n walking, n people talking outside the room. Book early, more choices..

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in Revelstoke as we passed through on our way to Kelowna. Overall, it was a decent hotel, it was clean, but I was disappointed with the hotel only having two double beds available to book in advance. The hotel appears to have two seperate buildings, one that is an motel-like building and the one attached to the lobby area. We had a room on the second floor of the building with th lobby. This normally would have been great, however, they do not have an elevator, and my boyfriend was on crutches with a broken leg. This meant I had to lug all the luggage (containing over 2 weeks of clothing as we were on a long holiday) up and down the stairs. I mentioned this when checking in, and the clerk said it was good exercise for me. I left it at that. We didn't use the pool, and the hotel didn't have breakfast, but we went to the Tim Hortons just a block away. On a positive note, one of the older ladies at the check-in desk was very helpful with a map of Revelstoke and giving suggestions on where to eat. We took her advance and ate at a great Asian-fusion sushi place, and had patio drinks around the corner at a nice pub with great mojitos! If I returned to Revelstoke I'd probably stay somewhere else and not book in advance as the hotels appeared to have lots of availablitiy and the advance rates were quite high for all of Revelstoke (this one was $150 a night and it wasn't worth that, but the other hotels except Super8 were higher)!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Check in was no problem, got to room and it was quite obviously not cleaned AT ALL. Phoned front desk and was told that they were checking in a bus load of people and would not be able to come to where we were to give us new room keys and could we come back to front desk (which was in a different building). It was raining quite heavily, we had to dig through our stuff to get our luggage (we were comping most of the trip so we had quite a lot of stuff to dig through). Not too pleased with being told we would have to wait a while for someone to come to us. But we decided to wait anyway so we didn't have to go back out in the rain. Not 2 minutes later the phone rang and I was told that someone would be right over with new room keys (Yay!). Girl was there within maximum 2 minutes. She apologized and gave us a room that opened up onto the pool area, the boys were thrilled. Room was clean and comfortable. It had a coffee maker, microwave and fridge, which was an added bonus. There was a restaurant attached to the hotel too so we didn't have to go back out in the rain at all. Didn't really notice any noise from pool area when the sliding doors were closed and the pool was quite busy at times. Sleep was good, didn't hear any noise from hallways (which seems to happen a lot in hotels).

When we checked out in the morning I was informed that the bill was being discounted because of the first room not being cleaned, the girl at the front desk apologized again for the mix-up and said that the discount was so that we would come and stay again. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed.

I would definately stay here again. Not too expensive, nice rooms, clean (which is the most important thing as far as I'm concerned) and they rectified the situation right away.

Room Tip: If you have children with you try to get a room that opens up to the pool.
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at the Sandman this past Sunday and we were able to get a great deal. We reserved the room from the Sandman site and picked the $99 twin double bed room. We found the hotel easy to find as it is right at the end of town.

When we arrived we were told that they had upgraded us from our twin doubles to twin queen bed's for the same price.

The room is a basic room with two doubles. The bathroom and room were also basic but it had a large screen TV in it.

The pool was decent but you had to walk outdoors to get to it.

Overall the service and price is why I am giving this hotel a very good review. We didn't notice any of the "noise" that other people complain about. The staff was friendly and went that extra mile for you.

I'd stay her again, and I will.

Room Tip: Try looking and calling the hotel. I called in and was able to get a better deal than any of the we...
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The rooms are old, have basically no soundproofing, and the doors creak loudly when opening and slam shut. It also seems to have a reputation as a "party" hotel with people gathered (loudly) in the common areas and kids sprinting up and down the hallway into the wee hours of the night. Even with a ton of commotion just up the stairs and in the pool until after 10:00, management did nothing about it until I complained. My poor 5-year-old was kept awake for almost 2 hours with all of the racket going on. For $160/night, it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Thomas B, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Revelstoke, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Our policy is to enforce quiet time hours. We want all of our guest to enjoy their stay with us and will respond to any issues as we become aware of them. I would like to get more information on your experience so I can follow up internally. At your convenience please contact me at 250 837 6161 or gm_revelstoke@sandman.ca. I look forward to your correspondence.

Kind regards,