“would stay again”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Medford, Oregon
“would stay again”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel itself was great, nice lobby, great pool/hot tubs, beds comfy, room clean. The staff was ok, not overly friendly but ok. I felt they could have been more knowledgeable about some of the surrounding activities such as the nearby aquatic center (I was traveling alone with a 5 and 6 year old). For example, they weren't sure of the hours/prices and didn't offer to find out. But overall, it was a good experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brady B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Revelstoke, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am sorry you found the staff unknowledgable about the area. This is something I will discuss and corrected. The Revelstoke aquatic center is a fantastic venue. I hope you and your children got to experience it. It is open Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, and noon to 8pm on weekends.
Thanks again for your review. We hope you will return soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I stayed overnight on our way between Vancouver and Calgary last week. We have stayed in many of the hotels in Revelstoke as this is the place we usually break that trip. This was our first time at this hotel and it showed very well. The lobby/corridors/room were all very clean and looked modern and a bit more upscale than the other hotels we have stayed at in town. The pool was small but adequate plus 2 hot tubs. I liked the touch of having kids life jackets available. The comfort of the rooms/beds was great and we were very pleased with our stay. The free breakfast in the morning was busy but we had no problem filing up and finding a table. Staff was friendly and refilled breakfast items quickly. The one downside of this stay was the price...it was a nicer room but we paid for it. As a family on a budget I would consider it more of a splurge price rather than our regular hotel unless there was a deal on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give a a positive review. We appreciate your input.
I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in Revelstoke. We hope you will return in the future
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed one night with the family on our summer vacation/road trip on the way to Banff/Lake Louise. We were very happy with this hotel. The hotel and rooms were modern and clean. The beds were comfy. The outdoor pool was great for the kids. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was one of the best I have had next to an Embassy Suite stay, It included sausage and eggs and waffles as hot items. I believe my family and I received great value for the money spent for our king bed executive suite with a pull out sofa for the kids. The only thing the hotel could offer and do better would be to offer a 1 bedroom family suite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brady B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Revelstoke, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. It is nice to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and our outdoor pool.
We appreciate our guests feedback, so thank you for taking the time to complete this review.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have been to Revelstoke for years and always stayed in the old Best Western now a Sandman, before they built the new hotel next door. It is a Best Western Plus by name but I believe it should be Best Western Minus. On arrival this time I was not allowed to check in for over 2 hours as they were having a problem with the in house laundry. When finally allowed in to my room much later than the usual allowable check in time I found the room to be very comfortable. The beds guarantee a good night. But they could not give me a guide to the TV and there is still no restaurant hence my minus rating. Further by Canadian standards the breakfast is minimal.
On the positive side the hotel enjoys some wonderful views and is in a quiet location near to Highway 1. Would I go again? Yes because of staff like Angela on the front desk who could not have done more to make me feel welcome as did others.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from town are the most quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jeffrey N
Brady B, General Manager at Best Western Plus Revelstoke, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input. I am sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations.
A TV guide is located in our guest directory which is in every hotel room, as well you can always find a guide on the tv itself. I am glad you found Angela helpful. We are so lucky to have Angela working with us. She is a always so postive every morning which can be contagious among the rest of our staff and guests.
Once again, thank you for your review. Come back and visit soon.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stop over on our way to Vancouver. Beautiful hotel. Excellent service. Very clean and comfortable. Great breakfast even with glass plates and SS cutlery, not plastic and styrofoam! A little high priced but hotel prices all over seem like they're getting out of hand. Great experience there from a hotel phobia person lol.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Canadianeh101
Thank you for your positive review. We love to hear that you enjoyed yourself.
I am glad you noticed we do not use paper plates, plastic utensils and styrafoam anything; We are trying to be as green as possible.

Please come back and visit soon.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as a pit stop on my way to Kelowna. Very nice hotel, clean, good staff, excellent free breakfast and good gym. A little pricey considering it's in a small ski resort town. Not too sure what the attractions in town would be for the summer to justify to price.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank LeeKumKee
Lightwater
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nearing the end of our recent road trip, and we selected this hotel for an overnight stop after a long drive. 4 of us had to share a room, but for just one night this was ok - the beds were large by UK standards, and very comfortable. There is a liquor store right next door, so were able to buy a few beers and unwind by the pool before we set out to eat locally. I wasn't too impressed by the breakfast, but my companions were happy, so 3 out of 4 isn't too bad! Great views and good stop over point for our Rockies adventure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple