“Stop for the pools if you want but DON'T STAY HERE!”

Crazy Creek Resort and Hot Pools
Richland, Washington
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Stop for the pools if you want but DON'T STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is my very first review on TA - I'm not normally one to bother but I use these reviews sometimes when traveling so I felt I owed it to the rest of humanity to warn them about this place. If I were just rating the pools, waterfall, suspension bridge I would have given this an 'average' rating. The pools are nice and clean - four of them at different temperatures. Note: These are NOT hot spring pools -- just your regular swimming pools about 3.5 feet deep. The suspension bridge and waterfall are OK but there are lots of opportunities to see waterfalls throughout the nearby national parks that don't cost an arm and a leg to visit - it was over $100 for my four person family.

What really drove me to rate Crazy Creek as Terrible was the campground. The full service sites are located in a treeless pasture within 20 yards of the highway. The treed sites have no service and look as welcoming as an abandoned junkyard. Here's the kicker: Three railway lines pass within 10 yards of the campground and trains run about every 45 minutes. Appears this is also a major switching area as trains come to the campground and stop (if you've ever heard the screeching brakes of a large train you know what I mean) followed by a flurry of moves (and the accompanying noise).

If you read this review and still decide to camp here -- then you deserve the sleepless night you'll get.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank cougguy
CrazyCreekMgmt, Manager at Crazy Creek Resort and Hot Pools, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
It is obvious from your review that you were less than pleased. I also note that you did not stay in our full-kitchen suites or any of our campsites. Our guests will hear the trains and highway - BC mountains usually have a railway and highway in the same valley as it construction was easier and less dangerous. A stop at "The Last Spike" at Craigellachie provides excellent explanation of this history.

Our treed campsites have shade, fire pits, picnic tables and are a short walk to the Hot Pools (Not Springs) which provide a wonderful place to relax after a day of climbing, hiking or enjoying the Sky Trek Adventure Park or Enchanted Forest only 8 km away.

In Spring, the Crazy Creek Waterfalls thunder with the Spring run-off from the mountains to the North and provide a spectacular waterfalls experience to guests who view them from the Viewing Platforms or Suspension Bridge.

In September, our guests can view the Salmon Run in Eagle River up close.

Our Resort is not paved or manicured. Our staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Nature is natural and our guests are allowed to enjoy it up close. So you see, your experience at Crazy Creek is not the norm.

Williams Lake, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good stop but wouldn't stay long-term”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was a perfect place to stop for one night on a long drive. There is a nice walk up to a suspension bridge over 'Crazy Creek' and the 'hot pools' were great for families. Three different temperatures plus a cold plunge pool. Everything costs and I wouldn't call it cheap. The RV area is wide open and right by the highway so I don't expect it would be very relaxing. The tent sites are good: Treed, fire pits, picnic tables and a bit more 'private' feeling than the wide-open RV area. I would recommend this for a one-night stop-over but I wouldn't make a weekend out of it (unless other activities were planned such as going to the Enchanted Forest). One staff member was very friendly and helpful. He was somewhat flexible with the rules since we visited when it was not busy. Another young women was not very friendly and very rigid with the rules even with having young children with us.

Visited June 2013
Thank you for your positive review of Crazy Creek Resort. I'm glad you were able to have time with your family this summer to enjoy the many activities along the Eagle Pass corridor of the Trans Canada Highway. Many families make Crazy Creek Resort their base camp and do day trips to those activities in the immediate area as well as in Revelstoke or Sicamous.

We are not pleased with the trains and continue to work towards stop their whistle - still hoping we succeed on obtaining their co-operation someday soon!

As the Resort continues to develop, we take all customer comments into consideration when prioritizing the work to be done...always working towards the best family experience we can achieve. We look forward to having you visit us again.
Clearwater, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“doesn't look like much from the road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Crazy Creek seems to be a dream in the making. We stopped to camp there (RV) because we were traveling with children and wanted to go to the Enchanted Forest in the morning. The campsite is just being developed and it is rustic but adequate. The bathroom in at the main building housing the hot pools, so not super handy. Downside are the trains. The campsite is near the tracks and there were several trains throughout the night.
The hot pools are great especially if the weather isn't great. There is also a suspension bridge that is fabulous. The walk there is scenic and well worth the stop.
It's a funny place but we liked it!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank samcan8
Thank you for your positive review of Crazy Creek Waterfalls and Hot Pools. From year to year, guests will notice changes and upgrades all designed to bring Crazy Creek Resort closer to the vision of a four-season family oriented resort. For now, the Waterfalls, Suspension Bridge, Board Walks, Viewing Platforms, High Mountain Patio, Gift Shop with Ice Cream, 3 Hot Pools and 1 cold plunge pool, campground and full-kitchen suites are in place. We have plans for cabins, water play park, mini-golf, and much more. Slowly but surely. We look forward to having you visit again.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“So relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The 3 hot pools are kept at 3 different temperatures 32 degrees, 39 degrees and 40 degrees, there is also a cold plunge pool. The changing and showering facilities were excellent, very clean. In fact everything about the place is super clean. There was only the 2 of us in the pools for most of our visit. We stayed overnight in the camp ground and it was very quiet with just one other camper there for the night. The camp ground is still under development but the part we stayed on was fine, near the train track but not too noisy. Would go again.

Visited May 2013
Thank you for providing your positive review of Crazy Creek. I am glad you enjoyed our 3 hot pools and clean facilities, change rooms and showers. The off season is an excellent time to come for a quiet getaway when the pools are not too busy and you have many campsites to choose from. We look forward to having you visit again when you can sit and relax around the campfire after a soothing soak in the hot pools or walk to the Suspension Bridge and Waterfalls.
Lumby
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Extreme relaxation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've written a review before about the Crazy Creek pools, but I felt the need to write again about how relaxing the experience is here!

We have been coming out to the hot pools for the past year and a half (mother, grandpa, friends and husband). Very relaxing experience!

Pools are super clean, facilities are amazingly spotless. I cannot say I have showered in cleaner pool washrooms. Staff are super attentive to cleanliness (see them checking the bathrooms regularly). Three hot pools available - different temps. I always bring a book and enjoy a few hours just soaking in the scenery!

I wish more people would stop here and check this place out... It is a "for sure" to rejuvinate and refresh!

Visited April 2013
Thank you for your positive review once again of our Hot Pools. I'm happy that you and your family have a very relaxing experience!

As more people experience the Pools and facilities, they too will come often to sit back and soak in the scenery, rejuvenate and refresh!