“Good value, but would not stay again”
Review of Powder Springs Inn

Powder Springs Inn
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Revelstoke
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked this last minute, and other places were booked or really expensive. We got a really good deal on this, but it's understandable why. Like another reviewer said, this like a party joint with a pub downstairs. The room was sorta clean (that we could tell), but it smelled; everything from the sheets to when you walk in. We were at an end unit, and i couldn't sleep for the noise coming from outside (drunken people leaving the pub, traffic, garbage truck, etc). Thankfully, the hotel is a little further away from the railroad tracks. Wi-fi was unusable. The water was nice and hot, though.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Strakaido

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friend and I stopped here on the way home to Red Deer from Victoria for the night. The staff was super friendly. Room was very clean and comfortable. Good value. No place to plug in micro wave so couldn't use it. Hot tub didn't work and the continental breakfast was kind of a joke. But over all we enjoyed or stay for the night.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ok - it is official - the Powder Springs is a place you can bring your wives, as I have said in other reviews Emma and her staff is what makes the place special! If you are looking for a clean bed, good solid breakfast, great in town location, and the most friendly staff - and awesome locals too this the place. Sfter 4 trips with the boys - we did a couples vacation there. Was it 4 star - no, was it a franchise hotel - no! However if you would like a good slice of the local life where everyone knows your name Make sure to ask for the most recently renovated - Emma and her team have done a terrific job with them! And Last Drop still has great food and music nightly too!

Also put a rating for swimming pool and fitness ctr - when staying at the PSI - you get passes for the aquatic ctr - it is 2 minute walk - a great place to go!

Room Tip: When checking in - make to ask for the renovated room then!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Decent hotel. Yes it is old but the place is clean with standard rooms and pretty quiet. Walk to downtown in 1 block. Stumble home from the attached large bar with bands and pool table. Walk to the bus for Revelstoke. Soak in the hot tub. Inexpensive to boot. I would not stay elsewhere in Revelstoke. No brainer. People that work there are very nice. Front desk girl set us up with a massage with one hours notice. Thank you

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Spoodgeman
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great location (middle of town); classic English Pub (The Last Drop) with great food (chef Victoria) and live music; a staff that are friendly and helpful; the in-house ski guide ("Fly") is a hoot!!! We keep coming back each year, because we love the owners, staff, and the "vibe". The mountain views from the breakfast restaurant are amazing!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are convenient, but street and parking lot noise may be noticed, if not a sound sl...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lattrell
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just returned from my sixth visit to Revelstoke and the Powder Springs Inn. General Manager, Emma and the PSI owners, Jason and Brydon continue to make upgrades to the facilities and the hospitality is top notch. Ski guide, Fly still gets us to places on the mountain we wouldn't find on our own. Again this year we ate all our meals at the Last Drop which is on premises and the best eating/drinking establishment in town thanks to Chef Victoria and her staff. I even managed to stay up for a couple of the bands that play regularly at the Last Drop. The morning breakfasts, cheerfully served up Chris always give us energy for a long day on the mountain. We'll be back again and again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank skidog37
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Ok so when I first booked this Inn I began to read all the reviews and got a bit worried. Some of the reviews were horrible and others were great, so what was it going to be like? Well when I got there I was extremely relieved to find that this place suited me and my parties needs. I think that is what it's about "Preference", so I wanted to give everyone the real low down on the Powder Springs Inn.

Me:
I am adventurous, but have never backpacked and I will not stay in a hostel or use "couch surf.com". I love a little pampering every now and then, but I understand value sometimes doesn't always come in little soaps and bathrobes. I have stayed in High end hotels and I have stayed in rental units off of flipkey.

Reason to be in Revelstoke:
To ride the mountain of course!

Location:
This place is in the heart of Revy, walking distance to everything, The Cabin is a great place to bowl and get your drink on (5-10 min walk depending how slow you walk). The last Drop (attached bar) good eats but smaller then I expected and it can get noisy and very busy inside the Bar later in the evening, but we couldn't hear it from our room. Its about a 11 min drive to the hills which is awesome cause everything on the hill was about 300$ a night! Parking is free for guests.

Im not gonna lie they didnt have much in Amenities, the internet was either not working or we were to far to get a signal, but to be honest we didnt bother asking them to look into it because we all had iphones with 6gb data plans so we just all made hotspots for each other. Regardless by the time we got home and ate we were so tired from all the riding that we really didnt need to turn on the computers. We did though love the FREE Aquatic Center passes! What a great place. Hot tub, lane swimming, 1 meter diving board, rock climbing wall, water slide, lazy river, kiddie pool, showering mushroom!!!! That place was soo great after a good work out!

The Room:
So I'll be honest it's not the fairmont or the hilton and the duvets could use some updating (only because of the print not because they're dirty in anyway), but I loved the cottage feel to these rooms. They were fair in size (we had 2 queens and a twin size cot in our room and still had room to move around), and I found the beds to be extremely comfy! There was a bit of in consistency in the bed firmness between the two but it worked out for us. My friend said the cot was super comfortable, and that he had a great sleep. We had a fridge and a microwave which came in handy to chill some drinks. It was a bit dark in the bedrooms, they could've probably bought better lamps for them, we took off the lamp shades to help with that.
When we first got in the room was boiling, we couldn't figure out the thermostat, then I believe they turned off the heat, then it was a bit cold, they told us they needed to "bleed" the radiators before being able to turn them back on. They ended up giving us a space heater which worked quite well because we had positioned the cot in a way that it was blocking the pipes. Regardless they found a solution in no time. A little unconventional but it worked.
The bathroom was pretty large, clean and came with soaps and towels. The bathtub was clean and had hot water. I think that's all one wants in a bathroom right?

Noise:
Allot of people complained about the noise in these reviews. I do agree that if they ever revamp this place to add a little more insulation between the walls and get heavier doors would be a great investment to their clients. We initially asked for a quiet room though so they were kind enough to give us the end corner room on the upper level. There was one night where we had some people in the hallway make a bit of noise but other then that I slept sound, oh well minus the snow plows but hey im not complaining that just means more snow on the hills. Oh and whoever mentioned the trains must have super human hearing because I never heard the trains at all in the room?

The Staff:
For anyone who had said that the staff sucked ....... maybe they were having a bad day? I had Naomi, Todd, Christine, and I believe Stephanie assist me on the phone and while I was there and I have to say I have never had better service. Todd especially since I called like 5 times to double check my booking, make changes, and take time to calculate which package was better for us. He was always ready to help, and make sure all my questions were answered. Fly the in house FREE mountain guide was super cool as well, unfortunately we didnt know he was a FREE guide to Powder Springs Guests but I did get to talk to him while in the lobby every now and then and we always had great conversations.

Im not sure if i have left anything out? In all I think this is a great place for us looking to shred, that yes could use some sprucing up but there is always room for improvement in the Hotel business. Like I said it's preference and lets face it people this is a true ski town that has just started to modernize give them a break. You don't go to Revelstoke to sit in a spa, you go there to shred till you pass out!

Powder Springs has great rooms for great value, awesome people, and a cottage feel. Maybe in time they will keep on upgrading.........or not either way I really love the place and will definitely be back next year!

Thanks guys had a great time!

Room Tip: let them know if you're a light sleeper or not and im sure they can find you a room like ours (w...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends