“Great spot for ice cream!”
Review of The Nomad

The Nomad
Ranked #14 of 65 Restaurants in Revelstoke
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for ice cream when visiting Revelstoke, and it was great. It was clearly popular as the line went out the door. I recommend the flavoured soft serve (I has apricot and my mom had piña colada...both delicious)! They also has many varieties of hard ice-cream + milkshakes, sundaes, etc. The food menu looked great too, with lots of fresh, homemade choices.

There are newer reviews for The Nomad

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We enjoyed a superb chicken wrap & pesto chicken panini. Great prices, service & location! Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

It had been a long day and we wanted to avoid the garbage of a big chain like Tim's or McD's... so when we saw a cute, locally owned sandwich shop we were happy. Once my family and I stepped in the door we were excited to see what seemed to be fairly clever and exciting flavor combinations.

My wife ordered the Nomad burger and I ordered a Tandoori chicken panini. Unfortunately both were fairly bland and boring. Had I been eating my Tandoori chicken blindfolded I would have never guessed it from a generic grilled cheese sandwich with too much butter and some chicken thrown on. My wife's burger looked alright but again was nothing exciting.

Too bad. They advertise that it takes a while (which it did) because of the fresh, quality ingredients but all we got (my children's sandwich included) was some boring and surprisingly greasy food.

We might try it again, but it wasn't the independent sandwich nirvana we had hoped for.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Tonight, my large family (2 adults 4 teenagers) and I stopped by the nomad, as we normally do at least once a week. A man dressed in dirty clothing, possibly homeless but not distruptive, entered the restaurant and ordered take out. He sat on a picnic table outside and began to eat something he had picked up from a&w. One of the servers, long, faded orangy hair came out and VERY publicly told this man he can't eat other food at the establishment, was very rude, loud and blamed management when questioned by the man. When he tried to talk to her she walked away mid conversation. I was shocked at how she handled it. The man was humiliated and everyone stared at him for the remainder of his stay. I felt so awful for him as he was a paying customer and was doing no harm. The Nomad has lost our business for good. You can't treat human beings in that manor. Christine promised to let management know how it was handled & she talked to the man privately and appropriately. I hope she does tell the owners and the girl handling it is repremanded for her horrific behavior. Shame on her.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We have been stopping at The Nomad for years and we look forward to eating here every time we drive from Calgary to Vancouver. The atmosphere is relaxed and the food is authentic and a nice change from the usual fast food stops. I recommend the everything on the menu. Here's the BUT, today we stopped for lunch and ordered the L'il Grilled Cheese and we were told no they were out of this item. I was confused since I had just ordered a burger with cheese and bacon. When we asked why they couldn't make the grilled cheese for my daughter the server explained that they "only use leftover bits of cheese from burger orders that gets grated" and they didn't have any. So I conformed that they had cheese and bread and they just wouldn't make a grilled cheese sandwich for us because they hadn't collected any leftover random bits of cheese for other food orders. I have to say, as a former restaurant manager myself, I was quite put off by
this "logic". Next time just cut a slice of cheese, put it between two slices of bread and grill it with some butter. Rather than being so pretentious and damaging a customer relationship over something as simple as slicing a piece of cheese. To quote SNL, "Really?...Really?" Not familiar with the context, YouTube it. I'll think twice now about my choices the next time I pass through town, maybe it's time to move on to finding a new favourite.

1  Thank FoodieLikey