Frontier Motel
Sandman Hotel Revelstoke(Revelstoke)
Stoke Hotel(Revelstoke)
Swiss Chalet Motel(Revelstoke)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Making the gorgeous drive from Edmonton to Vancouver, stopped for a short night at Revelstoke.

The travel books would say "full of character". Very basic motel room. Bathroom was very clean.

The room also had a small fridge and microwave, but didn't stay long enough to use it. (there is an excellent pizza joint very close by)

Woken up at 6:30am by the sound of diesel engines. Sounded like a bus idling away while the driver went for coffee.

It was totally cheap. Good for one night's stay, but otherwise, I'd probably trade up next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Danny_jp
Reviewed August 4, 2012

It was cheap. It was tired and funky, but the bathroom was spotless, which is critical for me. The location is very convenient, but the service was somewhat lacking: according to their website they have passes to the Revelstoke Aquatic Center, but when I asked, the clerk said no, and my room wasn't made up after the first night. Not all the rooms have wi-fi.

I was concerned about the safety of my room: the bolt wouldn't line up so it couldn't be closed, and the knob was a simple twist-spring lock. But it was very quiet (I was there on a Sunday/Monday), so it wasn't a deal breaker.

If price is not the most important factor, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: The clerk who checked me in said only rooms 1-7 have wi-fi (according to her the wi-fi "comes from the restaurant" so only the rooms close to it are within range!).
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rlafler
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at the Frontier on 1 Aug 2012 while travelling through Revelstoke.

I was attracted by primarily the low price, the sorta OK reviews and the amenities (wi-fi, early opening restaurant, etc.). I was just looking for bare-bones, adequate accomodation to get a few hours rest before another 1200 kilometre drive in the morning.

The room and bathroom were clean albeit dated. The air conditioner worked well to cool the room down.

My biggest mistake was in not remembering to ask for an updated room: the wi-fi did not reach my room (#4). This was a HUGE let down for me...I love my internet. The room faces the restaurant so parking out front wasn't possible as this was a fire lane....I generally feel more comfortable when I can see my car...moreso in low end places.

At 12:30 AM, I was awoken by a loud rumbling...a Greyhound bus had parked behind my room and idled there for 35 minutes. Then another bus showed up and sleep was impossible. I watched TV until exhaustion finally overcame the noise (never did hear the second bus leave or shut down its engine). I 'slept' for a few hours before finally surrendering to the inevitable and hitting the road at 5:30 AM.

Maybe this place is a Greyhound terminal. Maybe it was a tour. Sure wish I'd known beforehand because I don't generally book into hotels/motels NOT to sleep!

Their website claims that the the Frontier Restaurant is open from 5am to 10pm daily; the pleasant young fella at the gas station till/check-in (?!) explained that, in fact, it opens at 8 AM and closes at 9 PM...not a big deal unless you like early morning travelling like myself to avoid traffic. And the early opening WAS one of the reasons I chose this location...would have preferred to have had a nice brekkie before travelling such a long haul.

Their gas station was out of fuel so it was necessary to go elsewhere in town to get filled up for the morning. Sounds like poor planning on somebody's part.

All in all, if it hadn't been for the buses, I probably wouldn't have felt strongly enough about the place. pro or con, to bother writing This is my first 'poor' review i.e. I don't make a habit of slamming places without cause. But there were enough negatives about this experience that people need to be aware before they book into this establishment.

Hope the above helps you make an informed decision about choosing lodging in Revelstoke.

Cheers,
Phil

Room Tip: Do NOT accept an old 'retro' room if you want internet and/or outside room parking.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank PhormerlyPhrozenPhil
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Old and tired but very clean. It was value for money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The title is exactly what i heard the attendant say to another customer who had asked to see a room before renting, and it truly sums up the property.
This is an old, run down motel, with very small rooms and spartan, worn furnishings.
But it is cheap, and revelstoke is very expensive for rooms.

Hotel check in is at the counter in teh atttached gas station

frontier restaraunt is in front of motel - prices were a bit high, but appropriate for teh area. I did not eat there beacuse they closed earlier than i wanted to eat.

Room was clean yes, but very worn out. no curtains - only cheap plastic miniblinds on windows. furniture that looked straight out of the 1950's.
rooms were VERY small and tight - not much room to lay out a suitcase.

I'd only reccomend this as the cheapest overnight stay possible for the area. Know what you are getting and if it sounds like it will suit your needs, you may be ok with staying here, otherwise - go somewhere else and pay the extra money

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family