A generally terrible hotel - we thought we were getting a lovely lakeside chateau - instead we got an over-rated roadside motel type of facility! Looks can be deceiving - from the outside it looks like a wonderful resort (and on their website). Looks like lovely gardens, lakeside with a small beach - don't be fooled - the lake if full of weeds as are the garden ponds.
We had e-mailed the week before to see if a reservation was necessary and been told the hotel was 75% full on the night we were arriving. We called from Ainsworth Hot Springs and booked a reservation two days before we were to arrive. The 75% occupancy quote would indicate that they were expecting at least 300 guests. When we went down for dinner at 7 p.m. there were 2 waitresses working, a few bus people (the bartender ended up doing table setting duties) and one cook and assistant. It took us 1 1/2 hours to get two hamburgers. Since you are more or less outside of any populated area you don't have any choice unless you want to drive all the way back to Revelstoke. Their excuse for this appalling service was that it is never this busy there!
The room was abysmal - very drab. No air conditioning and the termperature was 40 degrees (admittedly hotter than normal). They claim it never gets hot there because they are in the mountains. We live in BC and we know that it gets hot in that area on a regular basis, mountains or no mountains. The bathtub measured 4.5 feet in length and 18 inches in width. Anyone not tiny might be able to get into the tub but they would have a tough time getting out.
They don't even provide real glasses for drinks - plastic only. And to top it all off they provide styrofoam cups for your coffee and I think they get these free as they had advertising all over them.
All in all this was one of the worst, if not the worst, hotel we have ever stayed in. Judging from other reviews we are not alone in our opinions.
I will never choose another hotel without checking with Tripadvisor first - it would have saved us $120. per night plus the aggravation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lakefront hotel in Revelstoke nestled between stunning Three Valley Lake and the Monashee Mountains, Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town offers a unique blend of modern comforts and historical attractions. Our Revelstoke resort features 200 comfortable guest room accommodations and suites with beautiful garden or lake views, an onsite restaurant, and a heritage ghost town tour, complete with 25 historic buildings from the late 1800s, an antique auto museum and a railway roundhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town
- Three Valley Lake Chateau And Ghost Town
- Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town Hotel Revelstoke