“A unique and enjoyable stay”

Three Valley Lake Chateau & Ghost Town
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Revelstoke
Vancouver, B.C.
“A unique and enjoyable stay”
Reviewed April 30, 2009

My husband and I were very pleased with this hotel. We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a unique and enjoyable stay. Our room was very comfortable and had a great view of the courtyard and lake. We plan to return in the summer time with our kids, as we know they'll enjoy the Ghost Town, Gardens & Beach.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Western Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2008

The grounds around this hotel are lovely but the hotel is very badly in need of repairs and renovations. Perhaps if we had not been charged $150 (plus taxes to a total of $167/night) for our 3rd floor room, I wouldn't have been so disappointed. But the lobby smelled like mildew had taken over, the room smelled badly too. The carpets in the hallways are very old and very stained, the floors move when you walk over them (especially in the indoor garden). I think it's time the family stopped doing their own renovations. The TV in the room was tiny and mounted at 8 feet up the wall making it very hard to watch. The beds were very uncomfortable. The lake is icy cold and although there is a sandy beach, no one would more than dangle their toes in it.
I would absolutely recommend stopping to see the ghost town and train museum though. It is the gem that saves the hotel. Amazing full sized train cars from all eras and the ghost town was very nice and worth a walk through.

• Liked — Train museum and ghost town
  • Disliked — Smelly hotel and room
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Revelstoke hotels

Northern Ireland
Reviewed October 26, 2008

we booked this hotel for one night but after reading the poor reviews cancelled. As it was on our route we decided to call in and check it out for ourselves. We are so glad we did. The staff were very helpful and frendly. the rooms were very clean and the furniture and carpets were all in excellent condition. we enjoyed the Ghost Town and the Railway Museum and again the staff could not have been more friendly. if you are looking for somewhere to stay while travelling from Banff to Whistler as we did i would recommend the 3 Valley Gap Chateau. we did not eat at the Chateau so we can't comment on the restaurant but we can recommend Emo's in Revelstroke very good food.

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
saskatoon
Reviewed September 16, 2008

I've driven past this hotel several times throughout my life and always been curious about it. This time my dad and I decided to stay, I always thought it looked kinda mysterious and I was right.

This is an eclectic and somewhat dated hotel, but we found it to be clean and enjoyed our night here immensely. The owner/builder passed away this last year and it is now run by his wife and their children. The hotel is absolutely unique and somewhat creepy but in a good way. Reminded me a bit of the movie "The Shining".

The setting is absolutely gorgeous, and the courtyard area is beautiful as well. The food in the retaraunt was alright. As I said before we found the room, although dated to be clean and had a beautiful balcony overlooking the lake. The price was right and it had free WIFI which is how I'm leaving this review.

You'll be amazed (and have some good laughs) while exploring the nooks and cranny of this hotel. There is a swimming pool and hot tob with the Titanic theme that is something to behold.

I will definately be back and share this experience with as many people as possible.

• Liked — Eclectic design/location
  • Disliked — poor tv signal and very few channels
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Calgary
Reviewed August 31, 2008

As a child I had always wanted to stay at this hotel. Now, I would not recommend it to anyone. The outside of this hotel is inviting and charming although becoming run down. The wood is rotting away and it is in desperate need of a paint job. The inside is so out dated, the decor is straight out of the 60's. My husband and I agreed that it would make a great location to film a horror movie, sort of like the Shining. At $150 plus tax a night I expected more. The rooms were that of a cheap motor inn, not a "chateau". The water was not potable, which made me nervous to even wash my hands. Wondering how the restaurant here could be sanitary with unsafe water, we decided to drive the 20 minutes back to Revelstoke to eat. The pool was small as was the hot tub, and again back to that contaminated water, had me nervous just to be in the pool. The pool also had a very creepy painting of the Titanic along with a description of the tragedy. Not the kind of thing you want to think about while swimming. I would recommend staying anywhere else in Revelstoke, and stopping at the gap only to visit the charming ghost town. With a few million in upgrades this place could be awesome.

• Liked — The view and location, the ghost town was great, creepy interior
  • Disliked — Spiders, unpotable water, musty smell, creepy interior,
1 Thank CalgarySarah
Ontario
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Well... maybe not 'Terrible' but that's closer than "Okay." The place is kind of a dump. The restaurant food is edible, but that's about all you can say for it. The service was very poor.

But the most important part is that the tap water IS NOT SAFE to drink! You shouldn't even brush your teeth with the tap water. And apparently this is not a new problem. Tthe waitress said the water has been a problem for quite a while.

• Liked — It had a vacancy when everywhere else was full.
  • Disliked — It's a dump.
2 Thank dougwin
Alberta
Reviewed August 10, 2008

OK- from the first moment we met 'Thane' the tour guide at the Ghost Town part of the trip I was sure we would be on for something to write home about and boy was I correct! Don't get scared by his ghost stories or about the fact that the next mountain is about to fall on your head any day now- LOL He wears an old oilskin cowbot coat and gazes from uder hot hat. His facts are amasing and a true left over characyter that can only be found in a town in the mountains ( he was the best part)
The hotel smells like an old dog (that is sick), there is shag carpet and if you have a walker watch out for the very uneven flooring under that carpet. I checked thoroughly for bed bugs(nothing- so that was good)
Health board has advisory signs up but it does for most hotels in the area as they are requoiring the to upadte water systems. The old gal at the front desks [--] about those government people (what a scream- can you beleive these people are real?) wanting them to ruin the fresh mountain water they bin livin' on their whole lives... Yup if you are a writer- go there!!!!!
The walls are paper thin, I could here the man next door clearing his throat at the head of my bed. Like those old run down apt you see on tv and when you walk down the hall you hear everything yup you do! The smell and heat and noises kep me up until pure exhaustion passed me out. I awoke to hear not just people's water in the showers but them actually shopwering- I could hear the neighbour complaining about the water temp ! In the gift shop you can even buy a crocheted pot holder- does that suprise you? Just in case it does you can also but knittede booties!! This place is a gem from the olden days--beautiful view that will make you mely- the water on the pretty beach is straight from a glacier- go in and you will probably stop your heart unless your from alberta!

Oh yes, you do NOT get any cell phone coverage there and 10 min each way on both sides and the wireless internet only works on clear days. Dont [--] to the front desk as they find this a way of life and just think you have a screw loose. Go talk to Thane and he can scare the hell outta you with ghost stories- sleep well!

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the stink from the old carpets- I kep thinking something had died- maybe it's under the carpet- yikes!
3 Thank entomology