“Amazing Fun in the Trees”

Skytrek Adventure Park
More attraction details
Owner description: With four separate exciting attractions (high Ropes Challenge Course, Adventure Tower, Jungle Gym and Kids Tree Adventure), there is something for all ages at SkyTrek! This fun and adrenaline-pumping Adventure Park has been operating for four years during which time there has been continuous growth and exciting new expansions: ziplines, monkey bars, nets, bridges, sky swing, sky drop, climbing walls and even a skateboard in the trees!!!SkyTrek Adventure Park can be found tucked into the impressive old growth cedar trees 32km west of Revelstoke along the Trans-Canada highway, next to The Enchanted Forest. Open Daily from Mid May to Thanksgiving.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing Fun in the Trees”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Skytrek was great fun! We capped off our vacation with a stop here to try the High Ropes course.

My two daughters also tried the Sky Swing. $25 each for the swing seemed pricey to me. My girls enjoyed the ride but it was over in a blink. Not much value for this attraction in my opinion.

We then moved on to the High Ropes. After waiting about half an hour for our orientation group to assemble we then went on to the training course for a lengthy period of training (about an hour). The group assembled was large, and you had to wait for each person to demonstrate proficiency before moving on. Finally all trained we got to start on the green course, progressing to the blue and black. The information we received indicated the course could take 1 - 3 hours. What we didn't realize was that much of this time is spent waiting for others to move. When we finished our hour of training and went to climb the first tower we actually had to wait for members of the orientation group that were ahead of us. Throughout the entire experience our entire group was slowed by a hesitant young participant who needed encouragement and coaxing to complete the stages ("games"). So what I thought would take a couple or few hours turned out to be 4.5 hours. Some participant family groups behind me exited after the blue course saying they didn't have the patience to wait. None of the staff on the ground got involved or suggested any way to allow others to "play through" as I would have expected. As a result, there where people on the course at closing time who were told they would have to descend at the nearest opportunity without having completed the whole course.

Ok, enough griping. Having said all this I would totally do this course again. But only if there weren't too many people in front of me. It seemed to thin out later in the day. I'm pretty sure that after the training you could blaze through this in about an hour if there were no impediments to your progress. The instruction and supervision was good and the staff were friendly and seemed to really enjoy what they did and interacting with people. Kudos to the staff. The couse was interesting and varied. Everything looked secure and safe (as long as you secured your cables properly). The value for the dollar on this attraction was acceptable. I had a lot of fun with 2 of my kids hanging out in the tree tops and watching each other complete the challenges. Talk about a captive audience.

Persons with disabilities information - My wife has some difficulty walking up hills. To access the Admission building you have to climb a fairly steep hill. Even from "Parking Lot 3" which is closest to the building it is challenging for anyone with a disability. We found out later that we could have summoned a golf cart escort from the Enchanted Forest building to take her up there. After that though, you are on your own. Non participants can follow the progress of their family/friends by following paths up the hill under the Ropes course. Given that my wife was accompanied by my teenage daughter and had 4.5 hours to do it, she was able to follow our progress. There was no seating anywhere for them though; just the odd rock or fallen tree to sit on. You would think there could be a bench placed out there given the facility themselves acknowledge a 3 hour time frame is common.

RV Parking - The day we were there the lots were packed. Some curbside parking for RV's and Truck/trailer combos but NOT really 'Big Rig Friendly'. We parked our RV in a roadside pullout about a kilometer west of the attraction. I worried the whole time we might return to find it vandalized or burglarized but fortunately it survived unscathed.

Bottom Line - I've listed the deficits but I reiterate-- I really loved the High Ropes course. It is totally worth the money and if you have teens its a perfect opportunity to have conversation with them. Bring a snack and a camera and you'll be fine. Empty your bladder before entering the course cause if you need to come down to pee you are considered done.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Bud B

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Holy Crap !!!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place is awesome!!!!! We have been to the Enchanted Forest a few times in the past when my kids were younger. After the last time, My husband and I promised that we would come back to try Skytrek when they were tall/old enough, so this the the year to make good on our promise. My youngest is eight and my older boy is 11, and they completely amazed us. I, being afraid of heights, agreed to go up on the course to help my eight year old, but as it turned out, I just slowed my husband and the boys down. After the green - easy? section, with a little help from Lucas (zip lines take more upper body strength than I thought) I gladly bowed out. The boys tried the jungle gym as well ,which they loved, but maybe were a bit too old for it compared to the other little people using it. It is expensive, but worth it. The staff was very professional, and after the through training course, I was confident to try the high ropes. We were not disappointed and will be back. I do recommend that you be in good physical shape. One criticism I have, is that they didn't sell much in the way of food (water,pop, juice, Gatorade, chips and chocolate bars). Perhaps, more healthy choices (protein bars, sandwiches, raw veggies, fruit, yogurt, salads, cheese, milk) would be better suited to the type of customers you attract.

Visited August 2013
Calgary, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Another awesome day at Skytrek”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My kids and I stop by Skytrek about every two years (this was their fourth time) and it is always a great time for them - I stay on the ground. This time we got to Revelstoke in the afternoon and stopped in around 2 pm, but it was very busy and the wait likely would have put us through to closing so since we were staying in Revelstoke overnight anyway we came back 10 mins before opening the next day. Perfect, no line up and the kids got out in the first group of the day. However, when they were done it was clearly getting busy again so beware of crowds and long waits in the high season - go early. The price is reasonable for this type of attraction, but if you are scared of heights or hopelessly unathletic then likely not the right choice. Otherwise, it is fantastic, well run and the guides are professional and generally pretty funny.

Visited July 2013
Medford, Oregon
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“fun for the whole family”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a place that has something for all ages, young to old. Definitely worth the stop. My kids are 5 and 6 years old and they loved the kids challenge course and jungle gym that are geared to the younger ages. The staff were great with the kids and very friendly. It is a bit pricey but I felt it was safe and worth the stop.

Visited June 2013
Revelstoke, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great place for some family time”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a great thing to do with your kids -especially teenagers. The kids course is very easy - our daughter finished it in 5 minutes, but the boys and Dad had a blast on the more challenging courses. I even did the green run, and i have a morbid fear of hights!
They have done the course like ski runs, green easiest, blu, imtermediate and black, most challenging, complete with a skateboard that you have to manouver over wires, 30 feet off the ground!
Great fun, and a good break from everyday life. Teaches us agility, skill, and facing fear in a very safe and well supervised setting.

Visited June 2013