“The Inn consistently provides the very best in accommodation, food and service.”

The Inn at the Ninth Hole 5 star Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 7 Salmon Arm B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We five couples from Calgary and Vancouver have been "reunioning" at The Inn for over eight years - several days each September. We consistently receive the kindest attention, most efficient service and grandest breakfasts imaginable - at a reasonable cost. The rooms are immaculately clean and beautifully furnished. The location is perfect - close to town but serenely quiet. Joaney and Rene are superbly gracious hosts - we will continue to return for as long as we are able!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 11, 2010

Everything was just perfect and our hosts were delightful. I highly recommend this lovely property. Just a note regarding driving out of the property; remember that you are entering a highway and vehicles are speeding, the traffic from the left is coming from a blind corner and you only have a few seconds to get out of the way.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a great, relaxing week at the Inn at the Ninth Hole. This place is more like a 4 or 5 star hotel than a B&B. Nice, spacious, air conditioned and extremally clean rooms with private entrance. The owners are very friendly and thoughtfull.
The breakfasts are tasty, plentifull and showcase fresh local fruits, dairy and meats.
We liked it so much that we're going again in two weeks.
K & M, Calgary

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJK135
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Spent one night here while passing through Salmon Arm. The overall experience was good but the rooms were more "Rustic" than I expected. Staff were very good and the room was quite large. Breakfast was quite good and the location is very good.
I would stay again but would check out a few more places first.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We have recently returned from 3 weeks touring in Alberta and British Columbia staying in a mixture of condos, lodges,boutique hotels and B & Bs. We were a bit wary about trying out B & Bs but had heard from a friend who had done a similar trip about the quality of inns in Canada. We're very glad we took his advice. The Inn at the 9th Hole looks delightful from the outside - pristine with beautiful gardens. As soon as we drew up Joaney came out to give us a warm welcome. We had booked the Mexican which we knew from the website was one of the largest rooms. However, we hadn't realised how large - it is absolutely enormous and beautifully appointed. It had its own entrance, lovely bathroom and separate kitchen and like the outside of the house, was absolutely immaculate. Besides this, we cannot think of a single thing that Joaney and Rene omitted to provide, and the accommodation surpassed that of the expensive hotels we stayed in on our travels. Breakfast was delightful and freshly cooked, (not sitting on a warming plate as in the hotels). We spent 2 nights at the Inn and on our return from a day of sightseeing we were surprised to find a small box of chocolates and a pen on our bedside table - a very thoughtful touch which was very much appreciated. If we could give this place more than 5 stars, we would!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Over the last 7 years I have often stayed here on my weekly business trips to Salmon Arm. It is simply the best place I have encountered anywhere. The exceptional service from the hosts, Joanie and Rene, by far exceeds what you would find in most 5 star glitzy hotels.
The picturesque, quiet location adjacent to a beautiful golfcourse ensures a restful and relaxed stay year round.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2010

My husband and I were seriously considering staying at this hotel but when I asked the following question:
I was just wondering if the bathroom at the mexican room has a bath tub. I couldn't figure it out in the website. Also, I can see that this is a larger room than the peach. Is that the main difference, apart from the size of the bed? or anything else? We are seriously considering staying with you but are debating the price difference. Is there anyway we could get a better rate for the mexican one?

I got the following reply:
Mexican room:
I think you better look somewhere downtown or camp ground, I don't think we are the place to be for you. Our rates are considering our quality very reasonable but we cannot deliver this quality for free. May be the visitor information centre knows a place where you and your family can be happy.

We had never been to this place before and I was just trying to understand the price difference. I don't believe in anyway I requested to stay there for free and I deserved such a response. Their place may be really beautiful but their customer service is extremely poor. However, I did appreciate them showing the way they really are before we actually get there. We ended up staying at... where they know how to treat their guests.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank Xiuzolli
salmonarminn, Owner at The Inn at the Ninth Hole 5 star Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2010

Our response to How rude is this!

Thank you for your review to bad that you did not put in the other e-mails, where we explained why we think you should look for a different accommodation, and your e-mail where you ask for a swimming pool, hot tub, play ground etc which we don't offer. We did explain what we wanted to tell you and the advise we gave you. It is a very very busy time and some times if we an e-mail it comes out a little different than we wanted.

If you are in Salmon Arm just drop in and meett us so you can see for your self we are not to bad.

Hope you will consider this.

Good afternoon,

Excuses for the miss understanding,

I didn't mean to be rude but we have a very nice outlined web site with all up to date information and lots of info about the Shuswap, andt most of our guests are not looking for a place with swimming pool and play grounds, Salmon arm downtown offers all these things: parks, water slide, play ground lake all whit in 5 minutes walk, and that is what I mend by writing that we are not the right spot for you and your family, nothing rude just an suggestion that there are places better for what you are looking for. And the same for campground most of them are directly at the waterfront and offer lots of things to do for kids. Also they offer more and more a combination of camping and fixed roofing accomodation. We didn't want to offend you just try to get you on the right spot.

Hope this cleared some things up.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmon Arm
Prestige Harbourfront Resort
A la Maison Richmond
A la Maison Richmond
#5 of 7 in Salmon Arm

Been to The Inn at the Ninth Hole 5 star Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!