“One of Salmon Arm`s Best”

Bradbury's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Salmon Arm
Description: WELCOME! Bradbury's is a family owned, family run, family friendly restaurant in the heart of downtown Salmon Arm, British Columbia. We pride ourselves on using fresh, simple, quality ingredients to create remarkable flavors. We offer a line of sight into the kitchen, where your meal is made to order, so you can be confident your food is prepared in a clean and spotless setting. Taking into account that we don't have food pre-cooked and prepared before it's ordered, we limit our seating to 32, in order to serve you in a timely manner.
Tappen, British Columbia, Canada
“One of Salmon Arm`s Best”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we lunched at Bradbury`s. I had the Reuben Sandwich...very nice except the saurcraute was lacking in flavor,
which I mentioned to our wonderful server. Our meals were hot and beautifully presented, and would happily return again.

• Visited May 2014
MistyBradbury, Owner at Bradbury's Restaurant, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of us on Tripadvisor! We are so glad that you enjoyed your experience at Bradbury's. We take our reviews and the opinions of our customers very seriously. We have considered your review of the sauerkraut lacking flavor and have since changed the type of sauerkraut that we are using. Again, thank you, and we hope to you soon!

Misty

“Bradbury's Revisited”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had supper at Bradbury's the first week it was open and decided to give it another try last night. I had their breaded haddock burger and my wife had the 1/2 portion veal cutlet with vegetables and choice of fries. Both meals were good; however my wife asked if the chef/owner made the gravy himself and after a barely noticeable hesitation, our server (the chef's wife and co-owner)assured us that indeed he did make it himself. Unfortunately, she did not ask if it was made from 'scratch' and found it tasted exactly like the "cornstarch with added flavouring, just add water and cook" variety that Costco sells - not very good. She then replaced the gravy with a dip for the fries and was charged for it. A very minor cost or us and lost opportunity for goodwill by the owner.

Other than this subtle evasive answer the service was good. The portion was good and the price was average. A good place to go eat but not for fine dining. The menu is endless, and, yes, there can be too many items on the menu. It is as though they are trying to cover all bases resulting in a "jack of all trades and master of none" level of food choices. This approach makes it difficult for a chef to show his/her culinary skills in the kitchen.

For some reason they have this enormous television occupying an entire wall of the restaurant which is very distracting because TV seems to be an eye magnet that needs to be turned off during meal times to allow for conversation/communication. However, perhaps the days are gone when a family sits down to eat and catches up on each other's lives.

We will likely return for lunch in the future.

Ken

• Visited February 2014
Salmon Arm
“Great food!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Went there last night for dinner - they have a deal on Wednesdays for free movie ticket with entree during December:) I had the paella which I thought was excellent - full of prawns, scallops and chicken and very good flavour (first time I've had it). The prawns and scallops were huge and perfectly cooked - no rubbery seafood. The side Greek salad was also delicious and a good portion for only $4. One friend had an Asian salmon dish which also had a good sized portion of salmon and was delicious! It was actually the prettiest of all the dishes with the stir fried veg:) lastly was a beef rouladen pasta dish which looked and smelled wonderful - friend said it was very good:) we both had to pack up the extras, again the portions are a good size:) Hope lots more people try this place and they are able to keep seafood on the menu - it is well worth it to try! Also, it's located right in the heart of the town so perfect walking distance to movies, shopping, theatre. It's family friendly and bright and clean, and has friendly servers. Just watch the chairs - did see a couple of kids take a tumble:( That and only having one server are my only complaints. Oh, and they are also closed for a few hours in mid-afternoon - hoping they get enough customers to change that:)

MistyBradbury, Owner at Bradbury's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review with your experience! I am very glad you and your friends all enjoyed your meals! The chairs can be tricky in the winter, as people tend to hang their jackets on the back of the chairs instead of the coat hooks, which makes the chairs top heavy and they tend to fall over when you get up. We will be providing more coat hooks around the restaurant in hopes that people will use them. It is difficult to gauge whether evenings in the downtown core will require a second server to be on shift on not, however we were prepared for "Dinner and Movie" night with two servers on, as we did expect it to be busy. The reasoning behind closing in between 2:30 and 4;30 in the afternoon is luckily not due to lack of customers, but because we have a few furry family members at home that also need our attention, so we take a little break at non-peak hours to spend time with our family members and take care of some personal errands. We do hope you understand why we close for those few hours.
Again, thank you so much for your review and your wonderful comments! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Misty Bradbury
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Full Menu, Good Pricing, Good Food”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The restaurant has just recently opened. It is conveniently located in the downtown core. There are a lot of items on the menu (can there be too many?) and the pricing is very good. I ordered a bowl of soup with a little bread and I couldn't finish the soup; there was that much; and it was very good.

The only drawback that there isn't a lot of fabric or anything to absorb sounds so it can be quite loud during the typical dining times. And when we were there, there was only one waitress -- she did the best she could but it would have been better to have more wait staff.

The food is good and the service is friendly.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on our restaurant! I am glad you enjoyed your meal! I do apologize for only having one server on the evening you were in. Unfortunately, being a new restaurant, it is hard to gauge when you may need extra staff in to help you or not. We do have two servers every lunch hour as we know lunch hours are busy and people are on a timeline to return to work from their lunch break. However, being in the downtown core, it is hard to judge whether it is going to be busy in the evenings or not.
We are aware of the lack of fabric and how loud it can get in the dining room during peak hours. I do want you to know that we are working on this and are planning some changes to hopefully help out with this issue in the New Year.
Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future!

Misty
“First time visit”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I and another couple went for dinner a few days after their opening. The inside is nice and bright and very roomy. They seem to have a lot of items on the menu. I don't know if this is good or bad as it takes a long time to go through it. I ordered the 7 oz sterling silver steak medium rare. When it came it was really well done. I showed it to Misty and she immediately took it back and about 15 minutes later put a 14 oz Sterling Silver steak, perfectly cooked, in front of me. It was delicious. However, by that time everyone else was finished and I had cleaned up what was left on my plate and had eaten a good portion of my wife's meal. My wife and the other lady each ordered an entree with some kind of pork that was slightly overcooked and very dry. It was served with rice. The other gentleman had paella with shrimp and seemed to like it. Over all, it was not a great dining experience, but as they had just opened a few days prior and have had a few years of owning a restaurant in Devon, Alberta, we will certainly give them another chance. I am sure it takes a while to get the kinks out.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your visit to our new restaurant. I do apologize for the initial well done steak you received and am glad that you were pleased with the "perfectly cooked" 14oz Sterling Silver steak. You are correct in saying that it take a little bit to get the "kinks" worked out, as we have brand new equipment in the kitchen and it does takes a little while to get used to how quickly the charbroiler and ovens heat up or the where the "hot spots" are for perfect cooking. We do have quite a few menu items as our goal is to be able to cater to the whole family. It may take a little longer to go through the menu than your normal restaurant, but I'm sure there is something on there for almost everyone! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Misty Bradbury