“Full Menu, Good Pricing, Good Food”

Bradbury's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Salmon Arm
Cuisines: International, Canadian, American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Full Menu, Good Pricing, Good Food”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The restaurant has just recently opened. It is conveniently located in the downtown core. There are a lot of items on the menu (can there be too many?) and the pricing is very good. I ordered a bowl of soup with a little bread and I couldn't finish the soup; there was that much; and it was very good.

The only drawback that there isn't a lot of fabric or anything to absorb sounds so it can be quite loud during the typical dining times. And when we were there, there was only one waitress -- she did the best she could but it would have been better to have more wait staff.

The food is good and the service is friendly.

• Visited November 2013
MistyBradbury, Owner at Bradbury's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on our restaurant! I am glad you enjoyed your meal! I do apologize for only having one server on the evening you were in. Unfortunately, being a new restaurant, it is hard to gauge when you may need extra staff in to help you or not. We do have two servers every lunch hour as we know lunch hours are busy and people are on a timeline to return to work from their lunch break. However, being in the downtown core, it is hard to judge whether it is going to be busy in the evenings or not.
We are aware of the lack of fabric and how loud it can get in the dining room during peak hours. I do want you to know that we are working on this and are planning some changes to hopefully help out with this issue in the New Year.
Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future!

Misty

“First time visit”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I and another couple went for dinner a few days after their opening. The inside is nice and bright and very roomy. They seem to have a lot of items on the menu. I don't know if this is good or bad as it takes a long time to go through it. I ordered the 7 oz sterling silver steak medium rare. When it came it was really well done. I showed it to Misty and she immediately took it back and about 15 minutes later put a 14 oz Sterling Silver steak, perfectly cooked, in front of me. It was delicious. However, by that time everyone else was finished and I had cleaned up what was left on my plate and had eaten a good portion of my wife's meal. My wife and the other lady each ordered an entree with some kind of pork that was slightly overcooked and very dry. It was served with rice. The other gentleman had paella with shrimp and seemed to like it. Over all, it was not a great dining experience, but as they had just opened a few days prior and have had a few years of owning a restaurant in Devon, Alberta, we will certainly give them another chance. I am sure it takes a while to get the kinks out.

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your visit to our new restaurant. I do apologize for the initial well done steak you received and am glad that you were pleased with the "perfectly cooked" 14oz Sterling Silver steak. You are correct in saying that it take a little bit to get the "kinks" worked out, as we have brand new equipment in the kitchen and it does takes a little while to get used to how quickly the charbroiler and ovens heat up or the where the "hot spots" are for perfect cooking. We do have quite a few menu items as our goal is to be able to cater to the whole family. It may take a little longer to go through the menu than your normal restaurant, but I'm sure there is something on there for almost everyone! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Misty Bradbury
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Not a good first visit”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Soup tasted as though the salt seller added to it. I had to leave the entire bowl and when I told the server why as paid, I was thanked politely but not offered a refund. Asking for a bun or bread to go with the soup, i received a slice of cut " wonder loaf".no napkins, no ambiance, and will not return.

2 Thank Cj A
Thank you for taking your time to leave your review on trip advisor. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your soup on the day of your visit. Our soups are all made in-house every day and are usually enjoyed by all. We have taken your review into consideration regarding the ambiance and are working on improvements. Please keep in mind that we had just opened at the time of your visit and continue to work out a few things. I do apologize for your unpleasant visit and do hope you give us a chance to make it up to in the future.

Misty Bradbury
Salmon Arm
“New to town & Very Impressive!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went for supper on their 3rd day of being open. The décor is crisp, clean and tasteful. The ambience relaxed and quiet, although they are a family restaurant too. The menu is extensive (including pizza, burgers, pastas, wraps & salads and calzones) and it seems that most things are made from scratch. The food was awesome and incredibly cheap!! I had a Chicken Club Wrap (baked with garlic butter brushed on) and a nice-size side salad. The wrap was hot and delicious and the whole thing only cost $11. My husband had Ribs & Fries & side salad for $17. Really good value for money :-) To split either of these meals for lunch would have been adequate.

Andrew and Misty are a husband & wife team. From the eating area, you can see through to the kitchen, which says a lot for the "behind the scenes" operations.... nothing to hide!
There is nice background music; Wi-Fi and they will shortly have a liquor licence. Plus they do Take-out.
This place is certainly worth trying and I feel it will take its place among the usual eateries in Salmon Arm. For lunch it would be awesome. This will definitely be a regular on out eat-out nights, and because of the reasonable prices, we can do it lots!
Congrats to Misty & Andrew on a super achievement!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank closetohomeSalmonArm
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy to be a part of the Downtown Salmon Arm community and are delighted that you enjoyed your first experience at Bradbury's! Thank you for welcoming us into your community! I am glad you are happy with our menu variety and prices as our goal is to be able to cater to everyone's likes and at an affordable price! We look forward to seeing you again!

Misty