“Home cooked food/great service”
Review of Home Restaurant

Home Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 83 Restaurants in Salmon Arm
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sometimes all you want is a familiar dish, served up with a side of friendship and comfort in a place you can call your own. This is the kind of place we strive to be, and we're proud to offer you a little piece of it. With a name like Home Restaurants, a real dedication to the ideals of true comfort and true quality is required to live up to our inherent promise - an authentic dining experience for every person who walks through our doors. Our vision is simple, we value above all, creating a 'Home' where our guests feel, relaxed, respected and refueled.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

oversized portions, good home cooked food and service with a smile. Will recommend and return. Sharing might be an idea for the food conscience as observed in house. Huge breaky $13.50 with great coffee.

There are newer reviews for Home Restaurant

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stopped in during our long drive. Greeted by friendly staff, and seated quickly. Food was very good and plentiful. Nothing fancy, but it Filled us up and tasted good. They had an amazing selection of humongous, delicious pies!!
Would definitely recommend this restaurant for simple, great tasting food.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

best food and reasonable price and we got some discount because we were staying @ super 8 .I would suggest turkey dinner that was my favorite food .My kids also enjoyed the food very much looking forward for the next trip to salmon arm

Reviewed December 25, 2013

When the waitress brought the platter with the chopped steak literally hanging off both sides of the platter I thought I was being punked and that someone in a Fred Flintstone outfit was about to step out and make jokes about dinosaur steaks. Not only was it huge, but it was absolutely delicious, the huge pile of hash browns were delicately crispy on the outside and downy soft on the inside, and the scrambled eggs were as fluffy and ethereal as any in the finest restaurants in the world. The last time I was here years ago, the restaurant had walls up to the ceiling blocking off light and giving the place a claustrophobic feel. They're now gone, and the entire restaurant is bright, clean and inviting. I don't know who some other reviewers had for a waitress but the one who served me was very friendly, approachable, and capable. You certainly can't go wrong coming here for breakfast and you can be assured that I'll be back as often as I can!

I would have given a full EXCELLENT were it not for the fact that the parking lot desperately needed sanding/salting as walking up the icy slope to the door after the previous day's snow was a white knuckle affair. Wear cleats or go in the summer and you'll be fine!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have been a big fan of Home restaurants over many years. "Home" stood for comfort foods, nothing sophisticated but great quality at modest prices. For example, I remember their Newfie Schnitzel as a wonderful signature dish.

When I went to the Home restaurant in Salmon Arm last year, it was kind of ho-hum. When I returned to Salmon Arm this year, I thought I should give it another chance. Bad idea.

When I went to dinner at 7.30 pm, the place was already in the process of closing down. I was greeted by the waitress with a frown and the service remained cold and on the border of being rude.

I ordered a soup (good) and the daily special, a Chicken Cordon Bleu. Everywhere on this planet, a Cordon Bleu is "meat wrapped around cheese (or with cheese filling), then breaded and pan fried or deep fried." The clowns in the kitchen at "Home" could have looked that up at Wikipedia, where my quote originates.

Not at "Home", though. Two thin slices of Sysco budget frozen chicken breast were topped by some shaved ham (the cheap stuff formed and glued together from meat scraps) and two slices of the cheapest formed Swiss cheese. That was it. On the side some forgettable veggies and potatoes, everything was bland to tasteless.

Overall, a "dining experience" that will make me avoid Home Restaurants for a very long time.