“It's About The View”

Aquatico Bay Steak & Seafood
Ranked #29 of 78 Restaurants in Salmon Arm
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bragg Creek, Alberta
“It's About The View”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This restaurant used to serve excellent meals - now it's only mediocre. We suspect that, because so many tour buses stop there, the food is prepared for quantity, not quality. So - we won't be back; too bad - the patio atmosphere is lovely.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank pairofpublishers

Blind Bay, Canada
“Don't bother if you have a large group”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

!7 of us made reservations for 6:30 p.m. to celebrate a number of birthdays and anniversaries. We were there on time and seated at two tables. Our drink order was taken quickly and the food order not long after, By 7:00 all the orders had been taken. Three tables of four came in after us and we noticed that they were served quickly and yet none of our orders appeared. We asked the waitress what was the holdup and why these three tables were served first. We were informed that smaller groups were served first ahead of larger groups. I couldn't believe this to be true since this is a large restaurant attached to the Prestige Hotel in Salmon Ar, I left the restaurant and phoned to speak to the manager. Again I was told that their practice was to serve the small tables first. I pointed out that it could be totally impossible for a large group to ever be served if small groups came in continually. My meal was placed in front of me at exactly 8:15, one hour and forty five minutes after entry.. On the whole the meal was acceptable. The salmon orders were dry and the steaks were cold. Most of the other meals ranged from acceptable to excellent. We passed on desert. Since then I have checked in several restaurants to see if this was a common practice. It is not. The facility is attractive and small groups appeared to appreciate their food. The wait persons were embarassed and did theri best to help but they were frustrated.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Brienbut
Vancouver, BC
“Good food good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

6 of us for dinner - cheery welcoming servers, prompt service, very tasty entrees, well presented. Reasonable prices. Can't ask for more!

Salmon Arm, Canada
“Skip the Entrees”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Ive been to this restaurant several times & my personal opinion is that is great - as long as you stick with simple fare.

They do a great burger and several good sandwiches. They also do a lovely sunday brunch. Id stay away from their entrees though because my own experiences have been disappointment (both myself and my travel companions) with everything other than the food you can pick up with your hands.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Pete C
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Don't care about the locals!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

After several bad experiences at Aquatico Bay, our last visit was their last chance. They are in a location that is very busy in the summer and dead quiet in the winter. Making the locals happy could change the winter business for them but they just don't care! We had reservations for 4 and were seated promptly but then waited 45 minutes without any acknowledgement. Not even a glass of water!?! Finally I flagged down a waitress that had served us in the past, she recognized me and apologized but we weren't in her section. Apparantly no one told our server we were there and she simply ignored us each time she walked by. ( the place was only half full by the way) I made the mistake of ordering the special, which I rarely do. It was the most horrible, held over on a steam table, hospital cafeteria food I've ever eaten! We asked to speak to the manager and were told there wasn't one but they elected the poor server we recognized to come over and explain to us that there was no manager and she was very sorry. We told her we would never be back and we haven't.

• Visited September 2011