“Food is Average, Restaurant Decor is Nice”
Review of The Wicked Spoon - CLOSED

The Wicked Spoon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is a restaurant that I wouldn't highly recommend but, on the other hand, it isn't somewhere that I would tell you not to go to. The menu has been recently changed and there are some healthy choices. It's just that it's nothing 'special'.

The wait staff was very nice and the food came quickly and arrived hot.

Would I go again? Maybe, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had our grandson with us, so we were limited as to where we could go. We fancied a good steak and we needed a child's menu. We were advised by the bartender at the barley station that the Wicket Spoon had excellent food and good family atmosphere. We were totally disappointed. Not sure where the chef got their training or lack of, but this was the worst meal We have had, it was not eatable. The decor is nice, but the food also needs to be good. The server was very pleasant.

1  Thank John N
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The WORST service and food I have ever had in Salmon Arm. We will never be back and I will never recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Shelley E
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The food was fine, servers were very nice and food and drinks came quickly. Decor is nice. Menu was a bit misleading - I ordered a dish that came with pita bread and my Mom had a dish that came with naan. Both breads were identical - I think it was fried pizza dough. It tasted okay but, really? Call it Wicked Spoon flatbread or something - people aren't stupid - either you can do it or not but please don't BS me. The greek potatoes I had were basically what you would get on a breakfast menu - nothing greek about them at all even though that was implied in the description. Second time I've been and both times what was written on the menu didn't match up with what I received. Won't go back for that reason - there are enough choices in Salmon Arm and if they are cutting corners on the menu what else are they cutting corners on?

1  Thank RoosterTravels
Reviewed October 23, 2013

As you walk through the door you will first notice the funky decor and open space. The bar is separated from the dining area. The food was average to good - not over the top excellent.
When we arrived as a group of 4 adults we were seated in a middle booth. Then two families with kids arrived. Of all the spots to sit them, we get the noisy kids in front and behind us. I asked the waitress to move us, and she did. Thank you - we were able to enjoy our meal in peace in a different part of restaurant. Local glass of beer was good and would recommend with meal.