“Pleasantly Surprised!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was part of a group of 4 driving from Calgary to Vancouver. We stopped overnight in Salmon Arm and immediately starting looking for a place to eat. We wanted to avoid having fast food and pub food. Wicked Spoon came up with a quick search on the internet and it appeared to have great reviews. It was also within walking distance of our hotel and right off Highway 1 - easy to find.

The atmosphere was nice, there was a sizable patio but as it was nearing sunset, we opted to dine inside, and sat in a booth. The menu had a lot of options, including some unique flavor combinations and I found it hard to pick something to eat. I got a gluten-free pepperoni pizza from the Schooner's pizza menu (Wicked Spoon's sister restaurant). My companions got the beef dip, the lamb burger, and the turkey and brie melt.

All were delicious! To be honest, I was a bit skeptical about how the gluten-free crust would turn out on the pizza, but it was perfect - thin crust, crispy, and the toppings were great. My friends really enjoyed their meals as well. I had a taste of the lamb burger and had food envy - if I find myself back in Salmon Arm I am defintely going here!

• Visited July 2013

Tortola
“It was fine”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Food was fine, good selection of items on the menu. My salad didn't come with everything listed on the menu so was a bit disappointed in that. Server was very friendly, decor was funky although it was a bit dark inside. I wouldn't make a specific trip to eat there but not a bad choice if you're in the area.

Quito, Ecuador
“Plenty of much better options !”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Contemporary decor, but the food and service receiving a failing grade . They were fairly busy when our party of six arrived, and perhaps understaffed. However the restaurant steadily emptied over the following hour as we waited for our food. After waiting over an hour our drinks long since emptied without any courtesy refills our food started to arrive. Six dishes spread out over ten minutes. Simple & plain food that was dry, overcooked, burnt, and in several cases lacked the advertised ingredients stated on the menu. Plenty of much better options in the area !

Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
“Over all good resturant”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The wicked spoon has good food and friendly staff. The decor is really nice. They have an amazing quinoa veggie burger...a little messy but yummy! And they also have a dinner buffet friday nights and a brunch buffet on sundays, if you like buffets!

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Fresh fare,reasonable prices.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Not feeling adventurous,I ordered a clubhouse and was pleased that it had real,unprocessed turkey in it.The decor is contemporary,slightly dark,very clean.
The servers are young but competent and friendly/helpful. It all comes at a reasonable price too - 12.00 for the sandwich with a caesar salad.
It isn't haute cuisine for foodies but you won't be disappointed.
They have a nice outdoor patio.