“If You Get the New Building - Great - Get The Old Building your in Troublee”
Review of Podollan Inn

Podollan Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
Calgary, Canada
“If You Get the New Building - Great - Get The Old Building your in Troublee”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Booked on internet after closely looking at pictures and reading the overview. Checking in clerk was pleasant and then informed me they would be adding a sizable charge on my credit card in the event I patronized their restaurant and charged to my room. I stopped that in the bud and then was informed advertized free local phone calls would not be free. I was tired after long trip and had my cell phone so did not argue. Was directed to a building behind the main hotel. The room was not as good as a motel 8. Dust on everything. Coffee pot had leaked and was sitting on wet paper towels.
Old tube type TV - not flat screen. Bathroom with shower and no fan - No clothes closet - just a rack with 4 hangers. An old half fridge - Counter that ran beside the bed with old stove and limited eating utensils. Walls were so thin in bathroom that I could hear couple in the next room showering together . The king bed had a good mattress and a balcony overlooking the pool was excellent. Was there for just two days for wedding anniversary or would have checked out.. After I did check out and stopped for gas I happened to look at my bill . There was a service charge for each day labelled telecommunication fee plus tax. I have no idea what this was for. Talked to some people staying in the main building and they described their accommodations as really nice but quite pricey.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oldfolks1727

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
edmonton
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My wife & I stayed here for three nights in early July.Check-in was smooth and fast.Located right on the Tran Can about 1/3 of the way up the hill east of Salmon Arms downtown area.Room was comfortable with a king bed in #104.T.V. was 46" flat screen & no options of pay per view movies.Came with a microwave & fridge,table with 2 chairs an armchair & ottoman,patio & 3 chairs & two entrances to the room. The pool was directly outside the patio & a short walk to the left.Pool well maintained with a garden consisting of flowers,shrubs & trees.No alcohol at all allowed in pool area or smoking.Not even a can of beer! I read the pool rules & nowhere did it mention anything about alcohol or smoking. However the lifegaurd will politely mention this to you should you be seen doing this. Never had any food here We did order in Chinese food from Yans located in town. Quite disappointing. Never again. There is a multi-use trail called "The Rotary Trail" located directly in front of the hotel which runs behind the pool area & up a series of hills wooded areas & residential areas & finally coming out to "Little Mountain". Beautiful area with lots of forest & well groomed dirt trails.Take "DEET" with you as there are lots of ponds & the Rotary Creek which is perfect breeding ground for mosqutoes which will also drive one nuts around the hotel pool & trails at this time of year.If you're into cycling be prepared for lots of hilly riding. There are some flats areas to ride here but most are not. One other thing, when buying gas for your vehicle they vary widely. For instance gas sold for 1.15/lt. in Salmon Arm & 1.35/lt. in Sicamous which is only 24 K's to the east. You will find this in many towns along the Tran. Can. even though they are not far apart. Do we recommend staying here? Only if you want to spend over $200.oo/nt. & you take a room with a patio. Otherwise you can probably get a better place if you shop around.

Room Tip: Request a room with a patio
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank hotelhoppers17
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding near Salmon Arm. We only spent one night, but were very pleased with the hotel and would stay again. The rooms are large, extremely comfortable and clean. The beds are wonderful, soft and comfortable. We even had a nice view of the lake across the street. There is a beautiful outdoor pool which we wished we had time to enjoy. The staff at the hotel were very professional and friendly.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the area. They have a group rate which makes it more affordable.

My only complaint is the restaurant in the hotel. The restaurant is very convenient and the food is very good (although overpriced), however, the service is quite poor. The several times we went there we had to wait for everything, our drinks to be refilled, to receive our bill, etc. The servers didn't seem to be with it. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant unless you go there simply for convenience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lovingthesun
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We stayed here on our last night of a 2-week road trip. Needless to say, we've stayed at numerous hotels along the way. Our expectations never changed though, we want a clean room at a reasonable cost.

Podollan Inns additionally provided easy to find location, super comfy beds, easy access to everything and lovely surroundings. Check in was very swift and efficient. We were in our room within 5 minutes of arriving and the room was HUGE! Two queen beds, a table with 2 chairs and still loads of room left over. Our room overlooked the empty pool, which made for a quiet night. I suspect it may have been noisier had the pool been open for the season.

We opted to go into town for dinner rather than stay at the hotel, although the restaurant looked pretty nice! We had breakfast in the hotel though and it was beautifully presented, very delicious and reasonably priced.

Check out was also swift. We'd stay here again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank McInMe
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2010

On a recent tour of British Columbia I had the opportunity to experience an evening in the beautiful Podollan Inn and Spa, recently opened overlooking the city of Salmon Arm. There are no ways to compare the comfort, relaxation, and luxury that one receives. The rooms are gorgeous, and the suites are an unforgettable way to totally pamper yourself and your family. A beautifully designed complex, with a world-class swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, and a cozy, health-conscious full-service grill and lounge top off the package. Don't miss the chance to experience at least one evening at Podollan Inn and Spa...its the ultimate re-charge and the ultimate way to get away.
See for yourself, and you'll agree that you deserve the experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank john1952_10
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 30, 2010

A family emergency brought me to Salmon Arm for two consecutive weekends last month. Both times I stayed at the Podollan. The first weekend my family descended on this well appointed and brilliantly situated hotel 30 plus members strong ranging in age from 3 years old up to our youthful but more senior 'Nana". Despite the tough nature of our visit, we were treated with warm smiles and warm wishes by the fresh faced desk agents and housekeeping staff and most of all by the overly-accommodating proprietor who was aptly named, "Angel".
The hotel was at capacity when I checked in with my brother and we were informed that regretfully we would have to switch rooms for the second night of our stay. This was not a problem for us at all and gave us the opportunity to experience two different room categories - the first night in a standard double with a comfortably sized private deck and the second in a suite with a gas fireplace and a jetted tub in the living room overlooking their impressive resort-style pool. Both rooms were impeccably clean and comfortably furnished. The bathrooms were a great size and offered bathroom amenities that you would expect at a high-end urban boutique hotel.
My brother and I went for a follow-up visit the following weekend and were given the opportunity to experience a room in the original wing of the hotel. Again we stayed in a standard double room with a tidy little balcony overlooking the pool. Although the room was obviously older than the rooms we enjoyed the weekend before, it was perfectly clean and a comfortable size for the two of us. Again, we slept like logs - a true testament to the level of comfort that this hotel and it's staff provides.
The Podollan provides a continental breakfast every morning included in the room rate. It was standard in it's buffet-style presentation but far surpassed expectations in the variety and quality of it's breakfast offerings - cereal, hard boiled eggs, belgian waffles, yogurts, granola, bagels, juices and coffee. Warm memories of my family all together in this breakfast room fueling up before tackling the challenges of the day will not soon be forgotten.
My warmest memories of our stay at the Podollan were those few hours spent in their extraordinary pool. Seriously, this pool is resembles something out a a 5-star Caribbean resort. We spent some amazing hours surrounded by our beloved family members laughing and splashing in the September sun surrounded by the comfort of the Podollan Inn.
The events that brought us to Salmon Arm will never be forgotten and the hospitality offered by the staff and ownership of this beautiful family-run and family-driven hotel could not have been more perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I hadn't had a vacation in several years and found my stay to be relaxing. I particularly enjoyed the pool and hot tub. On check in, you were provided with large beach towels which I liked. I was pleasantly surprised at what was offered with the complementary breakfast. It definately had variety and was tasty. The staff was very helpful. I needed to get directions to someone I was going to visit and the front desk gladly printed them out. The room that I stayed in was a kitchette that faced the pool. There are balconies attached to the room with chairs to sit on which I really liked. The beds are more comfortable than the average hotel. I particularly liked the choice of body lotion and body wash that was provided. One small thing that could improve the room would be a larger shelf for toiletries.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
The Inn at the Ninth Hole Bed & Breakfast
Super 8 Salmon Arm
Super 8 Salmon Arm
#7 of 8 in Salmon Arm

Been to Podollan Inn? Share your experiences!