“Formerly the Holiday Inn Express”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night on Aug 17 during our stopover for our trip to Vancouver.

This hotel used to be the Holiday Inn Express, and we've stayed here previously when it was the Holiday Inn. We enjoyed our stay back then and coming back to the hotel when it is the Comfort Inn, I must say that the quality and comfort of the hotel has stayed mostly the same.

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the water pressure in the shower is great.

You get free wifi and breakfast, which is a full hot buffet including omelettes, sausages and waffles. The girl at the breakfast was very efficient at keeping things nicely stocked.

I only have one comment for improvement, and that is the bath soap bar - it is tiny and good only for 1 person. Bigger bars would be appreciated especially given that there is typically 2 or more guests in a room.

Thanks.

2  Thank SqTraveler
Jill P, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your review. We do appreciate all comments. The soap bars are brand standard size but we would like to suggest you request extra soap bars at the front desk when you check in and we will gladly provide you with additional bars. Again, thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Salmon Arm and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We had a slight problem with our original room as the sheets were not replaced and as a result some hair from the last guest was found on the pillows and sheets. I requested a fresh sheets but housekeeping was gone for the day but Mary at the front desk promptly offered another room and brought the keys up to us within a few minutes.

The new room was known as the "African Room", a premium room with African themed elements (leopard print lamp and curtains, bed spread with elephants, a leopard statue, an African urn). It was both a bit hokey and tasteful - I would never have imagined that a Comfort Inn in Salmon Arm would decorate up a room in this way, this was something I'd expect in Las Vegas but it was tasteful and it looked like someone had put a lot of effort into decorating the room.

Overall, the room was in great shape with a hot tub that was either we were too stupid to figure out how to use or it was not operational. In any case, Mary's handling of the situation was great and the hotel is exactly what you'd expect from a 3 star facility.

I'd happily return next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ecbin
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here one night and it met our expectations. It was clean, people were friendly and the kids loved the pool/water slide. It was nice to have a checkout time of 12pm, gave us time to use the pool again in the morning. The free breakfast was surprising because there was hot and cold food. Bacon, omlets and freash waffles were appreciated. We'd have no problem going back again.

1  Thank Oilerman
Jill P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. It's always appreciated when a guest enjoys their stay with us and appreciates the amenities. It is also appreciated when a guest takes the time out of their busy schedule to write their comments. Thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you again to the Comfort Inn & Suites Salmon Arm.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is one to put on the list if stopping in Salmon Arm, no doubt about it. The room was clean with a real comfortable matress, the breakfast was also quite good compared to others.

They did almost double charge me for my room so be careful if you book using 14 day advanced purchase. Luckily I caught it and they didn't put the second charge through (The day before staying there was a CC authorization made for the exact full nights stay price even though it was fully prepaid) Usually there is an Auth for incidentals, but not a full nights stay worth.

I'd stay again if in the area. It was a good hotel, but did feel a little dated with light colored ans slightly worn out wood furniture etc.

I also requested a scenic view if possible...but ended up with a huge tree right outside the window and couldn't see anything even though I checked in on time.

2  Thank BigVVave
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a terrific hotel. Even though this was a long weekend, we were able to get a room at a great rate, much better than many others. Room was HUGE. Super comfy beds. Hotel is in overall excellent condition. We were somehow booked into a smoking room. :( This was the only rotten bit. Even though I said that's not what I booked, there was no sympathy at the front desk, even though there were other suites open. Front desk clerk said "well you booked on line". What? Anyway, if we had smoke allergies, this would have been a huge problem as the room really was very smoke smelly. :( I think they should have tried to move us....I didn't press the issue as we were just beat and needed to get on with our vaca. Breakfast at this hotel is excellent (free). Breakfast room was very very very busy, so busy we didn't have the breaky on the second day. Went up the road, just behind the hotel to the "Home" Restaurant. Was great. Also, I note that the front desk assumed we didn't have pets (I chose the hotel in part because there was a chance I would be bringing my pets) Good thing I didn't, because I don't know that they would have been accepted as I was made to sign that I didn't have pets, instead of asking if I did! Hmmmmm.....so I recommend you make sure you are covered with your pets and make sure you won't be put in a smoking room before you arrive. Otherwise, great hotel in term of ammenities.

Room Tip: Confirm on pet friendly and non-smoking room!!!1 (Who allows smoking in the rooms now anyway? EEEKKK...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoadTripper182186
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at the Salmon Arm Comfort Inn on July 31, 2012. Room was spotless, spacious and pet friendly. Pool with slide was lots of fun for our son. Breakfast was a cut above many free breakfasts at hotels of this sort.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine R
Reviewed August 2, 2012

this is the third time we've stayed at this hotel, the past two times it was a Holiday Inn Express, now a Comfort Inn. The reservation lady told me it was still the same staff, nothing had changed other than waffles at breakfast (vs pancakes). I like this hotel because with a family of five, we can still stay in one room - they have queen suites (two queens in a room with french doors), seperate seating area (pull-out) and fridge. Good wi-fi. Unfortunately got to the hotel too late, the waterslide had closed at 9pm (we just missed it). Ah well, will have to come back. continental breakfast was as expected.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
#6 of 8 in Salmon Arm
The Inn at the Ninth Hole Bed & Breakfast

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!