“Great stay at Comfort Inn Salmon Arm”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
Salt Spring
“Great stay at Comfort Inn Salmon Arm”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We are just ending our stay at the Comfort Inn in Salmon Arm (July 2012) and we have been extremely impressed. Our daughter loves the pool and waterside, and the hot breakfast is great too (eggs, bacon, waffles, bagels, fruit, yogurts). Staff have been friendly and knowledgeable about the area. There are good places to walk for dinner and lunch from the hotel. The one thing is that its a big tricky to get to (once you see it from the main highway, you need to figure out the way in but its worth it!)

Room Tip: We left our dog at home but next time we will bring her as there is dedicated pet floor. This time...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TW342

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
England
Reviewed June 22, 2012

2 months ago, I booked a room at Holiday Inn. I found the directions on their website misleading and stoppped to ask for help. I was told it was the big building - you can't miss it! I drove passed a big hotel which was Comfort Inn, and searched various streets. Then I asked again and was told Holiday Inn was now Comfort Inn. After 30 mins driving, I arrived at reception and complained, I was told it would have been a big job to notify all bookings. In this day of modern technology, surely a mass email is not that difficult!
When the staff realised I was upset, they were pleasant to me after that. The hotel has baggage trolleys - with wheels that have a mind of their own! When I asked for staff help, I was told there was no-one, so one of the guests helped me as I have a problem with arthritis.
My room was big, pleasant and very comfortable, and had coffee maker and fridge, and free wi-fi. The bathroom was good sized and there was 2nd wash basin in the bedroom. Afer the hassle, I relaxed in the spa pool beside the swiming pool.
Breakfast was included and there was cheese omelette, sausage & waffles as well as the usual continental breakfast items. But the hotel uses disposables, paper cups and plates and plastic knives are not good cutters. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but there are plenty of eating places within a short driving distance.
Yes this is a good hotel and overall I enjoyed my stay, but I think there are details which could be improved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank female-tourist
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very friendly & helpful front desk staff. Nice big, clean room. Very comfy bed. Good value for the area. A bit tricky to get to from the highway Eastbound, but a straight shot from the Westbound lanes.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I recently spend 2 nights at this hotel. I was with a group of 8 golfers that meet twice a year in different locations to golf. From the time we made our reservation to the time we checked out, we received exceptional service. The front desk clerk was very friendly and went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. The hotel rooms were very clean and comfortable and the hot breakfast was good. I would recommend this hotel, although I would ask for the top floor next time.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. Corner suites are larger.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

After coming from banff and lake louise we arrived in this nice looking hotel. True to the name of Holiday Inn it is really warm and homey. The bathroom essentials were Simply Smart as the brand says and it really is so. Water temperature and pressure was great. The pillows were marked soft and firm and they really are what it says. Bed was comfortable and big enough for 2 regular sized adults. TV is flatscreen and new. Room is clean and neat. The internet/wifi speed is decent and stable. Frontdesk is courteous which is nothing new about Holiday Inn. This hotel is near DQ Grill anc Chill although you can have your meal in McDonalds which is a couple of blocks walk.

Hotel rate comes with free breakfast.

Overall I will recommend this hotel to my relatives and friends.

Stayed April 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at this property March 11, 2012. The service I received at the front desk on arrival and departure was poor. The desk clerk made negative comments about my two toy poodles when I was checking in. My dogs are well trained and used to staying in pet friendly hotels and she had no reason to tell me they were "cranky". The booking was made through hotels.com by my husband. The desk clerk made it difficult regarding his credit card versus my credit card for payment. Upon check out the same desk clerk did not ask me if I enjoyed my stay or thank me for staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Salmon Arm. Poor service at the front desk affected my stay and I would not choose to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Elizabeth M,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel staff. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve.

If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27695659
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Holiday Inn for a hockey tournament March 9-11. This is a great pet friendly and clean hotel. The morning breakfast was good and included in the price. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will stay at this hotel again on our next sporting tournament.

Stayed March 2012
#7 of 8 in Salmon Arm
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
#6 of 8 in Salmon Arm

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!