“Very good food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Dinner here tonight thanks to my GPS. I asked the GPS for Mexican Food in Salmon Arm, and this lovely little resturant is where I landed. I was not disappointed...the food was very good!! and the service was fair. Dinner for two with a generous tip was $38.00
I would gladly return!!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

such a great family friendly restaurant. A great variety of excellent food, come and try. Great cold beer and margis!!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Flavourful Mexican food. Good choices on the menu and decent service.
Situated in the downtown area with good parking just down the street.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The margarita's needed to be tweaked, I do not like mix and feel they can make enough money if they just try a little harder to make this their signature drink. The food and service was terrific.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our family decided to have dinner out to celebrate, and as we drove past Cantina Vallarta chose to loop around the block and try something new.

We had heard good things, and we were not disappointed.

Highlights...
- Great fresh made salsa
- Possibly the best guacamole we have ever had

Service was friendly and helpful. There were several other tables occupied and we did not have to wait particularly long, and the house made salsa and tortilla chips filled the gap waiting for our entrees.

The food was great... Was on par with any good meal we have had in Mexico. I had the Mole Chicken Enchiladas which were tasty and had just the right amount of chili heat which was nicely balanced by the rice, refried beans, guacamole, and sour cream. Very filling. My wife enjoye the shrimp salad with mango dressing and my son had a small order of nachos (thank you to our server who offered to make a "kids" size for a reasonable price). Portions were generous, and filling... too good to leave any behind.

I don't know what happened for some of the reviewers who put in poor reviews, as we did not see the problems evident during our visit. The one item I might suggest for improvement would be a little more care cleaning the washrooms which were not quite as clean as I prefer but were still not any worse than the average chain restaurant. There were also a few humourous spelling/grammatical errors on the menus - a little bit of authentic lost in translation fun.

We will definitely be back to Cantina Vallarta. If you are looking for a good fairly authentic mexican dining experience without making the big trip south, this is a great spot to sate your appetite.