“Best stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
Alberta Canda
“Best stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the super 8 motel in Salmon Arm, I was planning to stay in a hotel but all of them booked, then I came across Super 8 motel, I expected it to be crappy. Surprisingly it was not crappy at all!! The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable and relaxing to sleep on. The staff were very friendly and courteous people, they made me feel welcome. It was the best stay, this was the first time in my life staying at a motel and I was satisified with the prices. The staff were very helpful and they are big hearted people, I was happy to meet such friendly people like them. Next time when I come to Salmon Arm I will definatley stay at the super 8!! Compared to other motels, super 8 is the best out of all of them and they have excellent service! I would reccomend anybody to stay there, you will not find better service and cheap rates at other motels. If you are looking for a motel to stay in at Salmon Arm...GO TO SUPER 8!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Shelly R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I recently had to pass salmon arm on business I wanted to find a nice hotel so I went to the comfort inn but there rates were extremely over priced so I went to the podlann inn establishment that was nearby but they were booked up I was tired and really wanted to find a place to sleep in that stupid little town so I went to the super 8 expecting it to be crap like the last few super 8's I stayed in but this was very different the staff were friendly the rooms were nice and I enjoyed the morning breakfast I am definitely going to stay at super 8 if I ever find myself in Salmon arm hopefully not (I do not like small towns) thank for hearing me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Aman S
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were going from Calgary to Vancouver (and return) and Salmon Arm is about mid point. I booked thru Expedia going out and was pleasantly surprised. Room was clean and large with a fridge. The bed was comfortable and the room had AC which we used when we stayed there on our return trip. Even though it is close to the highway, with the windows closed, it was quite quiet. Asked for and received a similar rate for return trip so we stayed there again. Walked to adjacent pub (The Setter's) for dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BabyboomerCalgary
Chehalis, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed at super 8 for 3 days . Friendly staff . Rooms were clean and looked cozy . Strongly say that this was the best stay . While passing through or on vacation - do not be discouraged that it is not very posh or elegant but it still has merits . Compared to other motels - it is priced according to the regional and seasonal business. You want to pay 125 dollars -it is your choice -you can go to Best Western .

Room Tip: Please do compare but stay at this property after you have done your shopping around
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank David M
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Dingy & outdated. Smells of smoke and general "old hotel", despite being billed as "100% smoke-free". Desk staff was surly at best. Very sparse breakfast. Bed was comfy enough, but we felt this property was way overpriced...

Room Tip: Go to the Comfort Inn down the street. For $24 more you get a real clean, modern room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BNRobb
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here recently to break our journey from Edmonton to Vancouver. We found the desk staff unfriendly. The room seemed clean enough when we first viewed it but the first thing I saw when I pulled back the sheets was a long black hair. Not good. We were too tired to complain. The breakfast is minimal but we did enjoy the muffins and coffee. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thelma S
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Enjoyed my stay at Super 8 and would recommend to anyone . Staff is friendly and curteous . I will come and stay at any time . I have told my friends about the good stay and anybody passing through or vacationing the region should take a second look.

Room Tip: Book in advance if it is summer - Rony
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
#6 of 8 in Salmon Arm
Apple Grove Motel, Campground & RV Park

Been to Super 8 Salmon Arm? Share your experiences!