“Nice”

Best Western Salmon Arm Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I didn't like our accommodations at Lake Louise, so left early and found this hotel on our way to Washington. It was so much nicer. Thanks Best Western. Ate at Boston Pizza that night that was great.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our annual road trip in the classic cars took us to Red Deer, Alberta for the "Alberta Super Run" via Salmon Arm, B.C., and Canmore, Alberta. There were 10 couples including ourselves, yes they were very obliging about a group rate. Our stay at the Best Western was great. The rooms are non smoking, clean and quiet. Given the train tracks are directly behind the hotel and the train runs regularly we were surprised how quiet it was. All rooms we had were equipped with a fridge and microwave. There is an indoor pool and grassy areas to sit in the shade.The parking was adequate and away from the main road. The continental breakfast was on par with most other decent hotels. Wifi is also available. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful-we would stay there again if were were going to Salmon Arm.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper rooms furthest away from the railway tracks might we a good idea.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Was a very generic hotel but that was all we needed.
The bed was very comfy and we I had had a great sleep.
The front counter staff was sooo friendly.
And, the breakfast was more than I was expecting. Eggs, oatmeal, juice, coffee, bread, cereal.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The room was immaculate and the beds were comfortable; breakfast selection was great; staff was helpful and allowed us to check in early so we could get ready before the wedding we were in Salmon Arm to attend. The air conditioner was quite loud, but sleeping without it was out of the question, and the pool was only open till 9pm. The price was high, though, compared to anywhere else we booked for the entire two weeks of the rest of our holiday across BC and Alberta.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HotelRepSalmonArm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Thank you for writing a review for us. Our pricing is determined by the local market and we are actually the second lowest rates in the area.
Our air conditioning units are a little louder than the HVAC units found in most hotels and we are planning on upgrading to the HVAC units in the future.
We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed July 25, 2012

3 of us stayed at the Salmon Arm, BC Best Western on July 14, 15 & 16th. We checked out the pricing of most of the other hotels in the area and the only place that was cheaper was the Travelodge but it didn't look as clean and modern. Some of the other places were even in the 200's for one flipping night...lol.

The room we had was on the bottom floor. The whole property is set up to 1 upper level and 1 ground floor . So if you book on the second floor you will definitely be using stairs.

The room was carpeted with 2 beds, a tub with Shower, mini fridge, coffee maker, microwave, huge flat screen TV, air conditioning, alarm clock and a seating area with a table and 2 chairs. I also walked past a room that was being cleaned and seen it had a kitchenette in it. The beds were comfortable and each bed had 4 pillows (which were a bit too hard for my liking), a quilt, sheets, and a blanket. The TV had a huge variety of channels and the coffee tasted good.

The folks at the front desk were nothing but helpful and pleasant everytime I went up. My swipe card stopped working on my second night and within 30 seconds they reprogrammed the card and sent me on my way.

Housekeeping was great as well. The room was always cleaned well and at a decent time. The only thing I would suggest would be to keep an eye on the walls. Most maids are looking at the floor, the mirrors, the beds as they should be but they missed a dead mosquito on the wall for the whole 3 days. It was there when we got there and there when we left...lol. Needless to say, this is not a factor that would prevent me from staying here again cause the rest of the room was spotless.

I did not partake in the breakfast but seen it was full every morning. I also did not use the pool or the hot tub but did go in and it was clean and nice and had a bunch of loungers around the pool.

All in all, I would absolutely come back for another stay and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk when you are booking if any discounts apply to you!!!
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This property is an updated old-style motel with friendly, helpful staff. Our room was clean and the king size bed was comfortable, but the bathroom fan was so LOUD it reminded me of a single engine aircraft idling on the runway. Our room was also stuffy, so I decided to turn on the in-wall air conditioner just to get some air circulation. When I finally got it going, it rattled badly and then started screaming like a banshee, so I had to turn it off.
Despite the comfortable bed, I didn't sleep well because the railway tracks are about twenty feet from the end of the hotel (less then forty feet from our room). The freight trains were rumbling and roaring by all night, waking me.
I'm afraid we won't be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gars
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We enjoyed a pleasant nights stay here even though we had not planned to stay here as road conditions made us take a detour .Situated on the edge of town it was easy to find. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. The added bonus of a hot tub and pool which were virtually empty of other guests was very welcoming.We were on the road well before the complimentary breakfast was served but felt what we paid was good value for money .The room was very spacious,clean and had everything we needed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Overlander Motel
#3 of 4 in Chase
Chase Country Inn Motel
Prestige Harbourfront Resort

Been to Best Western Salmon Arm Inn? Share your experiences!