“Nice, Clean Stop-Over for the Night.”

Best Western Salmon Arm Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Salmon Arm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 8, 2012

While enroute to the coast, from Alberta, we pulled into the Salmon Arm Best Western without reservation. We managed to get a great price on a room that was much nicer than what we paid for. The room was large, clean, and well-equipped. Breakfast was included the following morning and service was very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelRepSalmonArm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found we offered a good value. I hope that we are able to accomodate you on your next trip through Salmon Arm.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Extremely friendly and helpful front desk staff. Pet Friendly (they give you a little pet goody bad with biscuits and poop bags). Nice quiet room, clean and comfortable.
There is a pool but I didnt check it out.
Breakfast was included in the price of the hotel and had everything I would have eaten/ordered if i'd of gone to a restaurant for breakfast (toast, coffee, juices, cereal, hard boiled eggs, waffles).
For the price, definitely worth it. I've paid more, and gotten much less.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

I was delighted when I read your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for the positive words and we look forward to seeing you and your pet again soon.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed here for just one night on our long drive from Vancouver to Lake Louise, and were very impressed. In mid February, the town is not the greatest visiting point, but the hotel was roomy, very clean, friendly and helpful staff and efficiently run at a good price, so we actively looked for Best Western for the rest of our Canada visit. Well done Salmon Arm - and the surrounding scenery is just wonderful. Eat at the nearby Brew pub for outstanding food and service.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelRepSalmonArm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you on your next trip to Canada.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Basic, clean rooms....great location....quite a nice spot to bring the family .....cozy pool and great walks

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to accomodating you the next time you and your family are traveling through Salmon Arm.
Thank you for choosing th Best Western Salmon Arm Inn.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I am always worried about the condition of the rooms in motels, especially when requesting a dog room. This motel exceeded my expectations. It isn't anything fancy as it was only $89. per night plus a $20. pet fee and that included breakfast in the lobby. However the room was large, everything was clean and in good condition and the beds were really comfortable. They even have a little grass area outside the rooms where they allow dogs. The staff were efficient and pleasant. You do hear doors opening and closing but that is usually the case in older motel rooms in my experience. If you are looking for somewhere that is inexpensive, clean, comfortable and close to the highway but not so close you hear all the trucks this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank finfry
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Best Western Salmon Arm is exactly what it I think it should be... an average hotel on the highway of what is mostly a tourist town. It's location is convenient, the front desk is generally very good, and they have a basic pool and hot tub which get the job done. There is nothing fancy about the place but I wouldn't expect it to be. One of my stays in the summer found my room infested with mosquitos that I spent a good hour killing but it was that type of year for mosquitos.. not a big deal but the housekeepers might want to consider keeping the doors closed when they clean when that's the case! They also have a continental breakfast which is a bonus. I stay here for business and it does the job... just don't expect anything fancy. Oh, and check out the pub next door... they do have great food and you get a small discount if you're staying here!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BC_Cowboy

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We have added some exciting upgrades since this stay and are continuing to upgrade our rooms and our breakfast - coming in the summer of 2012 we will be upgrading to a hot breakfast. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I checked into this hotel and was woken up at 3am by a bunch of rowdy guests in the room next to me. I reported it to the front desk clerk who looked like he was afraid of his own shadow. He said he'd speak to them but they kept making noise and I reported it again. He said he'd speak to them again and yet they kept making noise. I called this jerk clerk a third time and he said he'd speak to them again and they still kept making noise. I asked for another room and he gave me another room. I went to open the door with the key card and could not . So I had to go all the way back down the stairs and ask him for another room. He gave another one. It looked like he was enjoying all of this because it looked like he was trying to hide a grin. This room door opened. I told him that I wanted a full refund for my room and that I was going to be suing the hotel for any damages. It was going to be very hard for me to get back to sleep. When I told him about the lawsuit, he said okay, sure. This hotel does not care at all about their guests, they just want your money. They charge guests for a $200 security deposit if they pay cash. They sound like sick mean people. I will never stay at this hotel again if it is the last place on earth and do not recommend it to anyone. It is ATROCIOUS!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank sugarpie_11
HotelRepSalmonArm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Salmon Arm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

As all in life there are 2 sides to every story and I would like to share the hotels story. Upon check in the guest was informed of a 200 dollar security deposit - this is standard for most hotels with cash/debit payments. She choose to leave the security deposit.
Our Night Auditor received a phone call from this guest stating that the people in the room next to her were noisy so he went to the room to ask the other guests to be quiet. They apologized and went into their room. Our night clerk stood outside the door to the lobby to make sure that they noisy guests stayed in their room. They came outside for a cigarette - however, they were no longer noisy, but the door was shut and this could be attributed to being a loud noise. Our clerk was then beckoned into the hotel by a phone call - this guest calling to complain about the party in the room next to hers. Once again, he went out to speak to the two girls outside having a cigarette. They were even speaking in whispers. Again, this guest calls the front desk and demands that something be done so our night clerk offers to move her. He moves her to a room with empty rooms on either side and is on the second floor so no one is above her. Unfortunately the keys did not program properly and this guest now yells very loudly across the parking lot to our clerk that they keys do not work. It is now 3am. Our clerk returns to remake the keys and goes and opens the room door for her himself. She continues to be loud and disruptive and now he has other guests calling to complain about the woman in the parking lot yelling.
I think it is very important for anyone reading this review to also read the rest of this users reviews. She has threatened to sue each and every hotel she has stayed at.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmon Arm
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
Travelodge Salmon Arm BC
#6 of 8 in Salmon Arm
The Inn at the Ninth Hole Bed & Breakfast

Been to Best Western Salmon Arm Inn? Share your experiences!