“Nice place, great view, good food, weird vibe”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salmon Arm
Destination Spa Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Salmon Arm B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Good:
-Lovely location with a beautiful garden and fantastic view. I wish the weather had been warmer so we could have enjoyed the outdoor environments.
-Comfortable bed. Great water pressure in the shower.
-Plenty of parking. Good breakfast, adapted and personalized as requested.

The Bad:
Sharing a bathroom! The Shayna Suite and the Adrian "Executive" Suite share a single bathroom. This is not made clear on either TripAdvisor or bbcanada.com, and it's the one detail I think absolutely should be made clear. If I had known this when booking, I would have gone elsewhere.

Style takes precedence over comfort and practicality in guest rooms. The armchairs in our room were white, with black leatherette antimacassars on back and arms. The duvet cover and dress pillows looked like pieced leather and suede (but may have been pleather and microsuede), and were accompanied by a sign pointing out their quality and the importance of not letting anything touch them. The night tables were covered in leather place mats, topped with a coaster. There was a stylish glass desk, but it was covered in leather placemats and objets d'art, and no chair was provided, so to all practical purposes it's just another display of fine things. We were exhorted not to let anything touch the walls, because it's very expensive to repaint, and there were ugly felt furniture protectors on the wall behind the headboard, presumably in case of vigorous activity there.

Overall, this felt like a show home or trophy case rather than an actual home, and certainly not like a place I felt at home. The owner's taste and convenience take precedence over practicality and guest comfort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Adventurat

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I'm not a B&B type of traveler, but I thought I would take a chance on this one based upon the great reviews below. I was not disappointed- and my wife was thrilled with the change of pace over a roadside motel/hotel that is likely noisy, impersonal and might come with a muffin for breakfast. This B&B is like staying with old friends in their beautiful and immaculate home. Toby, your friendly hostess, is clearly a talented artist in the way she has decorated the house and the gardens are straight out of Home & Garden magazine. Both are incredible and the breakfast is easily worth at least $50 of the room charge. I highly recommend this B&B and I hope to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Kevin-Toby-Carson, Owner at Destination Spa Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your review of your experience. These past 9 years has allowed us to make new friends, and it is guests like you, that make this adventure truly a memorable experience for us!
Friends are always welcome.
When you coming back?

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Toby at Destination Spa B & B is the "hostess with the mostest." As you wind through the "S" shaped streets, you find a mansion posing as a suburban home nestled above the stunning Shuswap Lake. The imposing Lion Fountain greets you as you walk through the door and the imposing, sultry Italian art piece in the dining room creates a mood that is only surpassed by the Toby's generous gourmet breakfasts and her gracious, gregarious personality. The guest rooms on the lower level are individually decorated with very comfortable beds. Our stay in the Jayden room, even with an airbed added, was spacious and quiet. You will feel like royalty at Destination Spa B & B with your every wish being met.

Room Tip: All rooms face the lake with a common room with TV and a large deck overlooking the garden.
1  Thank 27namaste
Kevin-Toby-Carson, Manager at Destination Spa Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I appreciate all you comments and look forward to having you back sometime!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Destination Spa B B B, is not just a beautiful place to rest your head, enjoy delicious breakfasts, and be served by such truly gracious hosts...it is an experience in graciousness, thoughtfulness, and nurturing of th soul. Toby and Kevin have opened their beautiful home and their hearts and their passion for gracious living. The coffee is supurb - the best I have ever tasted! We had stayed one night at the Prestige Hotel at the waterfront - but it was just that - a heartless hotel. Toby's B & B is full of heart, warmth, caring and love. We were definately be returning! Thank you Toby and Kevin! Brian and Monica Kryska

1  Thank MonicaBrianK

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on TripAdvisor for others to see. Thank you for your appreciation in the small details that we are known for.
Look forward to you coming back! Simply give me a call and I'll be here!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here just one night and had a great stay.
It was very clean. Had a great view, nice deck to sit out on. It was organized. The breakfast was awesome, so good with lots of options of what you wanted and how you wanted it! The owners were gone and had another woman looking after the B&B for them but it was still really nice! Since we don't know the area that well she was very helpful and had little cards printed off of where to go for supper and where beaches and things were, she did a good job of helping us out!

The only negative things I have aren't even that negative! It was a little tricky to find, not just a straight shot there but we found it well enough anyway. And I like B&Bs that are very home-like, cozy and makes me feel like I am at my parents house or something, Destination was a little more hotel like not that that is a bad thing but just how I feel about B&B's!

Overall great place! I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write an online review for others to see when choosing a Bed & Breakfast.
Love to have you back!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wonderful B&B with a breathtaking view. Toby made us feel like family from the moment we walked in. Breakfast was absolutely fantastic and done with a creative flair. We would highly recommend it as a choice place to stay in the Salmon Arm area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Greatly appreciate your review!
How about coming next year? Spa services or dinner anyone?
Thanks once more!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and had a great time there is so much to do there and Toby the hostesss with the mostess runs a great B&B there. Her home is gorgeous with a wonderful view and her home is clean organized and beautiful. We had a great breakfast every morning and had a great sleep in her wonderful beds and were treated like royalty. Toby goes above and beyond to make you comfortable and happy. She opens her home up with loving arms and was more than just a lady running a B&B she was a friend, she was a cook, she was a hostess, she was a tour guide, she was a mani/pedi master but mostly she is just fun and makes your stay at her B&B a memorable one!! I would go back in a heartbeat and will be going back to visit Toby at the Destination Spa really soon!!! We had a blast thank you Toby my new BFF :)

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be marvelous Toby takes care and makes sure EVERYONE is comfortable and hap...
1  Thank Germaine B
Kevin-Toby-Carson, Owner at Destination Spa Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments Germaine. It was such a pleasure meeting you, your loving Mommy, and Auntie. What a wonderful experience for me it was to see a family that so loves each other, having a lot of giggles and laughs .I would love to have a "round two" anytime you are ready!
Thanks again...