“Out of Business”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The building burned in 2011. Great location right on the water so something should rise from the ashes.

3  Thank BCRail6000

Reviewed December 24, 2011

Had a great meal there, and read in the paper the next day that the whole place burned down later that night. Too bad, it was one of the best spots to watch the sun go down with a cold beer.

4  Thank Chris122652
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My fiance and I visited the Blue Peter Pub for the first time since new owners took over. The new paint and decor has restored the place back into a nice dinner spot with one of the best locations in Sidney. The food was good with a wide variety of more than just pub fair. Our waitress was attentive and made sure we enjoyed our experience. We will be back!!

Reviewed March 4, 2011

This restaurant is located right on the water so you get good views of the marina and it is a nice place for dinner. However, the food quality is not consistent and some entrees are just not worth the price (e.g. roast beef). The service is generally on the poor side of the scale. If you are willing to put up with the service and the spotty food it is a nice room to eat in but it needs some improvement to get my wife and me to go back.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

The location really makes this restaurant...the deck hangs over the water, and looks directly out on the boat dock, boathouses etc. A very "salty" location with lots of charm. The service was just a touch below rediocre in my opinion. A few minutes after taking our order, che came back and siad "What did you order again?" No problem, maybe an off night - it happens. When the meal arrived, there was no dressing on the salad. We ate the rest of the meal, and after a fair wait, the server resurfaced. My wife asked for the dressing. Both our glasses were empty and pushed over to the edge of the table, but we still had to ask for something to drink. By now I had the idea that this server wasn't really on top of their game. Shortly after, the dressing arrives. No drink, and no explanation like "your drink will be up in a minute." It came a few minutes later. For me, the kicker was the "how is everything?" after the meal is done...that should happen in the early stage. It's a beautiful location, and was very quiet on our night. I'm not saying the service thing was a huge problem, but it sort of overshadowed what would have otherwise been a beautiful meal at a charming little spot. To call the service mediocre here is, in my opinion, rather generous. If only this server knew how much money they were throwing away by not being on top of their game. Anyway, it was just one server, and one persons experience. I would still recommend, but tip accordingly.