“Great european restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bistro Suisse
Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: Swiss, European, Central European, German
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Bistro Suisse and proudly offers a wide selection of classic Swiss and European dishes. Food made from scratch and served with love make the culinary experience in this casual fine dining restaurant located in the heart of Sidney so unique!
Whidbey Island
“Great european restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Just got back from eating at this Bistro. The second time in 3 days I'm very impressed with this small restaurant. The food is a nice European cuisine.
The food servers are simply wonderful. We have traveled Europe, Middle East, and Asia extensively and seldom find better restaurants at a similar price range.
The only 2 faults I found with restaurant are that the wine list is very limited and has no nice wine by the glass. I would not mind paying the price for a good French or Italian wine.
Oddly enough, my second complaint is the size of the portions. They are way to large, more than twice the size than they need to be.
When you get such large portions you tend to not appreciate the real quality of what you are eatting. Not to mention that you have less profit because your food costs are to high. I suppose that the locals tend to expect this but it is not healthy to eat soooo much

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Toronto
“Slightly old fashioned dining but very tasty and reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I've eaten here half a dozen times for dinner while in Sidney. The avocado and shrimp salad is terrific for lunch or dinner. Hubby had rack of lamb last time and it was very nice. Not cutting edge cuisine but very dependable with standard Swiss favorites like schnitzel and excellent service. Generous portions. You can't reserve specific tables but the window seats give a great view of Beacon Ave. Sidney's main shopping street, or dine on the sidewalk. Wine list so-so, go for the BC offerings.

Visited July 2012
Montreal, Qc, Canada
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

this restaurent was an excellant stop for lunch break. We eated outside. It was excellant service and good food for the price.

• Visited August 2012
Shalimar, Florida
“Authentic and Awesome Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

First, the onion soup is the real deal--worth going just for that. The veal scallopini and pork tenderloin were outstanding. Staff was very helpful with menu selections. Creme brûlée was good but a bit runny.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank borntotravel97
Victoria, Canada
“Very Tasty food and pleasant service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I went to Sidney for a bit of a day outing. Having walked around and checked out several shops and galleries we thought we could have a late lunch. I had heard of Bistro Suisse but every time we were in Sidney it was rather full. As I mentioned it was well past the lunch rush so we were seated right away. I chose the Bratwurst with rosti, saurkraut and red cabage. My wife had the avacado and shrimp salad. What a pleasant surprize, the salad came with loads of shrimp, thin slices of avacado and a very nice house made dressing. My bratwurst was very nice; they have them made at a local deli. The rosti was very tasty, I enjoyed the house made saurkraut although it was a little sharp for my taste. The star of this plate was the red cabbage, easily the best I have ever had including any of those I had in Germany.

We look forward to our next visit, perhaps dinner next time.

• Visited May 2012