“Good place for a casual lunch”
Review of Bistro Suisse

Bistro Suisse
Ranked #3 of 88 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: European, German, Swiss
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bistro Suisse and proudly offers a wide selection of classic Swiss and European dishes. Food made from scratch and served with love make the culinary experience in this casual fine dining restaurant located in the heart of Sidney so unique!
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Two of us went to Bistro Suisse for lunch and enjoyed the experience. There is nothing pretentious here - a basic menu at reasonable prices and a very good, attentive server. This is a small restaurant that is quiet - nice place to chat - and the sort of place I expect many local people drop in to on occasion. Will probably return for another casual lunch next time I am in Sidney.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

We were invited for dinner with one of our suppliers. I was not sure what to expect by the name and was blown away by what we experienced.
This is fine dining, done beautifully. The atmosphere and food were outstanding. We were able to socialize and talk a little business. The staff was amazing and there when ever we seemed to need a top up or whatever.
Will definitely be going there for our anniversary and any other special occasions.

2  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We ate here twice in total and tried lunch and dinner. We were told that about 95% of the ingredients are made in house. The chef is a sweet gentleman who came out to say hi to each table. His granddaughter was our server.

For lunch, I had the bratwurst and rosti with sides of red cabbage and sauerkraut. My partner had the reuben sandwich with leek and potato soup.

For dinner the next evening, I had the rack of lamb. My only criticism was that it was cooked a little past medium rare, but juicy and tender nonetheless. My partner had the weinerschnitzel, which he enjoyed very much as well.

You can't go wrong with the classics!

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We went there because of the restaurant's reputation but I'll not eat there again. The tables are so close together that the waitress had to turn sideways to get between ours and the one beside. I felt I was part of the conversation of the group beside us and I would never converse privately with my wife in such close proximity to strangers. The food was mediocre and the service, while adequate was not exemplary. The waitress needs to learn a bit of discretion about how long to linger talking at a table. All in all we paid handsomely for mediocre food, very average service and unacceptable seating. Value was nil.

3  Thank Ralph H
Lucien F, Owner at Bistro Suisse, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

We have removed one of the tables. To make it less cogested, please try it again

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Nice little family owned bistro, fair size crowd, but I could see where reservations would be necessary. We ate early (1730) and walked right in to a seat. Service was speedy and the waitress was very friendly. For a starter we each had the onion soup, a salad, and I had the Schnitzel which was very good, my dining partner had fish. Both were excellent in taste quality, presentation and portion size. I personally think it was a little on the high side as far as the price goes, but it certainly tasted good. With all that we had, we didn't have room for dessert!

3  Thank kd4dna