“Great Lunch”

Maria's Souvlaki & Greek Snack
Ranked #12 of 85 Restaurants in Sidney
Reviewed November 18, 2012

After checking Trip Advisor, we decided on Maria's and we were not disappointed. Didn't have much time for lunch, and the food came out fresh and quick. Gyros, waffle fries and delicious spanakopita. Great downtown Sidney location too!

There are newer reviews for Maria's Souvlaki & Greek Snack

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a casual place, good for a quick lunch. They have a liquor license which is a welcome feature.

1  Thank Brenda P
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Food was very good, service was great.....Momma looked after me. Went there based on the reviews.....it is good, but a little overrated.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I simply cannot believe the number one ranking in Sidney - it must be rigged.

To me, Maria's was the worst restaurant experience that I have had in Sidney (I live here, and have been to almost all of the restaurants, multiple times). The service was slow, the food was poor, and the value was some of the worst that I have ever experienced in my life. We ordered a Greek salad for around $8, and is was little more than a tiny saucer with cucumbers, shredded feta, and oil and vinegar dressing. Our hummus and Pita dish tasted fine, but again, was ridiculously undersized and disappointing.

The whole meal cost two adults over $35, and we had to stop by the local bakery afterward to get enough (and we are not big eaters).

Who knows, maybe we went there on the wrong day, but it was bad enough that we decided to never go back again under any circumstances.

There is another Greek restaurant nearby called Pier One. Do yourself a favour and go there instead. You will regret Maria's if you don't take my advice.

2  Thank C L
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love this place. It is economical and the food is always tasty. I have eaten there many times over the years. I always get the chicken souvlaki and greek salad - always excellent. You have to serve yourself basically, so it is not fine dining. But if you want a casual lunch or evening, you can't go wrong.

1  Thank BarbaraJVancouverBC