“Great breakfast”

3rd St Cafe
Ranked #10 of 84 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Victoria, Canada
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

One of the few places that actually offered breakfast. It's a small, busy yet charming cafe offering a variety of breakfast and lunch options. Great feel to the place and although the servers are busy they still made time for locals and new visitors.

Visited July 2014

Toronto, Ontario
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

What a find! Whether you want breakfast, lunch or brunch, look no further than the 3rd Street Cafe. It is breakfast, lunch and brunch with a twist. I will admit that I love traditional breakfasts but when in Sidney I would bypass my traditional ways for this wonderful cafe. Bottom line...I love flavourful food. Thanks, 3rd Street Cafe!

Visited July 2014
Seattle
“Pay With Canadian Currency!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stopped on our way to the Butchart Gardens on Vancouver Island for a late breakfast. Very small space and very busy. They gave is a space facing the window, about two feet from the only bathroom. I ordered one of the daily specials - a skillet combination of very large diced potatoes, Gouda cheese, onions and peppers. The highlight was suppose to be bison sausage in this dish, but only a few, small little slices were hidden in the potatoes - all topped with two eggs. I think they ran out of plates, because my skillet special came in a bowl - awkward to eat.

After we finished our meal, I handed Bob, (I'm assuming an owner) a U.S. $50 bill and was given Canadian change back. When I questioned him about the possibility of getting U.S. Currency back, he said that "Canada was a sovereign country, and as such, did not allow merchants to give U.S. Currency in change". I found this rather odd, as two other merchants in Sydney, as well as The Butchart Gardens" had no issues with U.S. change. I'm only left to think that perhaps the 3rd Street Cafe might find it advantageous to keep U.S. Currency, considering the current exchange rate... Best to be up front about this though.

The combination of less than average breakfast and the currency issue would lead us to selecting another of the many restaurants in the area the next time we are in town. Sydney, BTW, is a great town to explore.

• Visited July 2014
Sidney, Canada
“DISORGANIZED table wait procedure”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Unpleasant experience regarding table seating. The managing of 'tables available' requires considerable improvement.

Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic food and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here before going on the ferry to Vancouver. Small cafe and very busy but they still found us a spot to sit in window. They will even let you bring inside coffee bought from elsewhere ie Starbucks across street. Food was excellent. We each had an omlette. All home-cooked meals. Highly recommend stopping. Very pretty town that I could easily have stayed longer at.