“Best Breakfast - Best Crab Cakes!”
Review of 3rd St Cafe

3rd St Cafe
Ranked #7 of 84 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Calgary, Canada
“Best Breakfast - Best Crab Cakes!”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Crab cakes to smile for! Eggs Bennie over fresh crab cakes and fresh spinach! This was without a doubt the best breakfast I've ever had the luxury of savouring! Thankfully, I was truly spoiled to experience such a treat! Friendly staff too! And, Eddie, was an added treat! This super well-behaved dog lay down on his 'Dad's' jacket on the sidewalk outside the cafe with his Chicken toy and watched the people go by! Nothing but smiles and good eats if you stop by the 3rd Street Cafe in Sidney B.C.!

• Visited March 2011

North Saanich, British Columbia, Canada
“busy, busy, busy but great value”
Reviewed March 4, 2011

This is a tiny little restaurant that manages to cram in so many people. It is also a very popular place and there are often line-ups out onto the sidewalk. But it is worth the wait. The food is really good and the quantities are large. Service is quick and very friendly. It is an all day restaurant but it is known for its breakfasts.

• Visited September 2010
Ottawa, Canada
“Great and kid-friendly!”
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We recently visited Sidney on a busy Saturday morning with my 20-month old nephew in tow. The owner-manager knew just what to do to keep the young guy amused. He brought out a plate of fruit, cut in finger-friendly shapes that gave us time to figure out what we wanted to order.

The food was great, the bottomless coffee well-appreciated, and the service top-notch. In particular, the attention given to ensuring that the youngster got his food first so mom could enjoy her meal in peace was very thoughtful. And yes, it was busy but the wait was no more than a few minutes while a table was cleared off. The eggs benedict were tasty, the homefries well-done, although the omelette could have used a bit more seasoning.

All in all, well worth it. I would certainly go there again because the service was so great.

Southern Oregon
“It's good, but I wouldn't wait in line.”
Reviewed June 22, 2010

There are too many good spots to eat in Sidney! I ate here in the late morning on a Monday and still had to wait a minute for a table. It's pretty cramped and I get that some people like that, but I don't so much. I would probably opt for the back counter next time. Our food was good and the staff was pretty good. I didn't think any of it shined enough to justify the lines we saw on the weekend. Of course you've got to love a place where you can order a side of Hollandaise, but again it wasn't anything special. I like to taste a bit of the lemon juice in my Hollandaise and I didn't get any of that with this. I'd go again, but I wouldn't wait in line.

Redding, California
“Best breakfast on the island!”
Reviewed April 14, 2010

3rd Street Cafe is the best...we eat breakfast there almost every morning we spend in Sidney! There isn't one item on the menu that isn't perfectly delicious, and their specials are always fantastic. Be ready for a wait though...it's a very popular place. Just put your name on the list and wait your turn, it will be worth it! We enjoy the hustle and bustle sitting just a few feet from the kitchen...which makes your food hot and fresh every time.