“The very best quality Thai food every time. ”

Sabhai Thai Restaurant Ltd
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We’ve visited this establishment numerous times and continue to be impressed with the entire experience. All dishes are mouthwatering, fresh, to our specified flavour, hot and served in a timely fashion. We’ve tasted most of the menu at lunches and dinners. Servers are prompt, attentive and friendly. One can be seated inside or out - there is a spacious patio with umbrellas. Wine is surprisingly inexpensive and food prices very reasonable. This is a great place to have dinner on the patio when the summer street market is on Beacon Ave.; one can watch all the activity and have a great meal!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Excellent food! Friendly service promptly served. We live near Sidney so often pop in for a lunch or dinner with family and friends.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

At the spur of a moment we decided to stop for dinner a Thursday evening during the Sidney market. Although I was expecting to wait for a table, we didn't have to. By the time we ordered our food/drinks, the place was pretty much full.

That said, the service nor the quality of the food, suffered. The service was fast and on point and the food was everything you'd expect of authentic Thai food.

I would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Although this is my first visit to Sidney, I work for a family that has been coming here for the past 23 years. On our first night in town, they treated me to dinner at Sabhai Thai as its one of their favorite go-to restaurants and for good reason. The food is terrific!
The ambiance is nothing to write home about, looking like something from the late 90's but we were there for food, not pretty tables. We ordered multiple dishes and ate "family Style" to get a chance to try multiple things.
We started off with something called Gratong Taung (Golden Cups). Minced chicken seasoned with garlic, cilantro, onions and corn. Served with eight homemade golden cup shells and mild Thai plum sauce. What a nice treat.
From there we chose Phad Thai Gai (Chicken Phad Thai). Flash fried rice noodles in sweet & sour tamarind sauce with tender sliced chicken, egg, tofu, green onions, bean sprouts & roasted peanuts.
Our next dish was Phad Puk Ruom (Garden Delight). Stir-fried fresh vegetables in Thai seasoning sauce topped with mild peanut sauce. Delicious!
Lastly, we had Panang Gai (Panang Curry). Chicken sautéed in red chili curry paste with creamy coconut milk, bell peppers and fresh kaffir lime leaves. I love Curry!
There was no room for dessert but you can bet I will be back before leaving this summer!
Enjoy!

2  Thank Bill B
Reviewed July 11, 2018

This is my go to Thai restaurant when visiting Sidney! I just love the Pad Thai, Green Curry Chicken and coconut rice! I am never disappointed with anything I order! The flavours in Thai food are just so incredible!