“Delicious!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Green Mango Salad with shrimp, what a delicious and spicy salad, something very unique and different, with a hint of citrus. Yellow curry with vegetable and potatoes and another noodle dish I cannot pronounce or spell, but it was delicious...I really should write these things down when I'm in the restaurant, lol. Watching the dished come out from the kitchen was a experience as well. I kept asking the waitress what she was bringing out, it all smelled to amazing. Can't wait to go back for more.

• Visited December 2011

Victoria, Canada
“Delicious but service is hit & miss”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We often go to Sabhai Thai because the food is delicious, affordable and filling. The place is always packed for lunch and dinner. The ambiance is somewhat lacking because they pack as many tables as they can into a small space. The decor is cheap but their clientele is very loyal, so they don't have to. I went with a group of friends once. Rather than serving everyone at the same time, they brought out the dishes as they were ready. Good etiquette dictates that you wait for everyone at the table, so by the time the rest of the food came many dishes were stone cold. They completely forgot my order and when they finally brought it out, the rest of my group was leaving to go back to work. On other occasions, service has been very efficient and polite. I guess it depends on your server. The food is worth the crappy service.

Victoria, Canada
“Fabulous Thai at new location in Langford”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Just went there tonight as this is a more convenient location to me than the one in Sidney. The new place has the same great menu and is owned and operated by the same family. The food here is fantastic! This is authentic Thai food, prepared by the chefs of this family from Thailand. The decor and ambiance is much nicer than the Sidney location plus it has lots of parking. Even though the restaurant has just opened this month it was packed when we arrived. The address is 2800 Jacklin Rd at the corner of Jacklin and Goldstream.
Our party of five shared seven dishes and were all stuffed and completely satisfied when we left. We'll all be back!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Mayfirst
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Good solid Thai; Sidney really impressed me...”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This was the first place I ate on my first visit to Sidney. I started out intending to go to to a Mexican place that got good reviews on another service, but it was closed so I went a block further to this. Glad I did.

The service was very friendly, the decor a bit dark but fairly classy, and there were enough diners that there was a good buzz going. I didn't feel bored even though I was dining alone :)

I can't remember name of the the dish I had (I'll attach a photo). It had good flavour though and the presentation was decent. The food didn't really stand out compared to other decent Thai restaurants I've been to, but it didn't disappoint either.

• Visited September 2011
Coquitlam, Canada
“Great Thai Food”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Order the Veggie Curry—we all loved it. The sweet and sour dish with tofu was very good also. The cashew chicken all disappeared quickly. This is a great quick and tasty place to eat. Very good value. The dishes are authentic and arrived quickly, hot and flavourful. Only downside was a friendly waitress having a bit of a forgetful night. We can’t all be perfect all the time. Hopefully it was just a down night for her. She was still efficient in rectifying the errors when asked.

Visited October 2011