“Just average”

Charles Dickens Pub
Ranked #27 of 85 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This restaurant serves typical pub food; not great, just okay. I had a steak that was quite chewy and a little overdone for my taste. It's located in a strip mall of sorts - next to a liquor store and across from a gas station and McDonalds.

1  Thank nogobev
There are newer reviews for Charles Dickens Pub

Reviewed August 17, 2012

While passing through Sidney en route to the ferry terminal and stopped by for some lunch. Our first choice was a pub near the waterfront, but for some silly reason all parking spaces are limited to 15 minutes! We went in search of another restaurant and found the CD Pub near the highway. Funnily enough the parking spaces in front of this pub are limited to 5 minutes maximum!!! Fortunately we found a few spots further away. We both had the Baja burger in our quest to have something spicy and it hit the spot. My wife had a small caesar on the side while I had fries. We both must have been quite famished as we finished everything including a beer each. There was only one girl serving and she was efficient and freiedly eventhough there were about a dozen othe rtables to serve.

1  Thank olegar31
Reviewed November 18, 2011

If you want to have a good meal choice, you really must visit the Charles Dickens Pub in Sidney, B.C. The service was excellent. The girls were so pleasant. We had just arrived in from a flight from Kelowna and we were looking for place to eat. Well we made the right choice. Keep in mind, it is a pub, so it was a little noisy and busy, but my husband and I both agreed we couldn't have had a better meal. The location was close to the hotel we were staying at. We will definitely visit the Charles Dickens Pub again.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

The Charles Dickens is a combination bar and restaurant (separate rooms but same food) that provides good quality basic fare at good prices. Typical selections are burgers, and fish and chips, and the portions are well sized. It is a good place to go with family (the restaurant) or for a good time (pub). Great location - right on the Pat Bay highway at Mount Newton Cross Road..

1  Thank BCtourists
Reviewed March 11, 2010

If this is the pub in Sidney BC it was the most fun I have had at a pub attached to a resteraunt I've stayed at. There was a cover band called Ginzu Knives I think and they were amazing. The staff said that they have a DJ every Friday and Live bands every Saturday. We were only in town for the one night. If you like music this is where you need to go on a Saturday Night. The staff was very friendly they answered all of our questions and told us about the website that they post their events on