“nice place to hang out”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“nice place to hang out”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

we stayed in Sidney for 3 nights and enjoyed the waterfront park. We were there over Canada Day (july 1) there was a parade, Fireworks and a great small town vibe.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank menelson2001

Victoria, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I always wanted to explore Sidney Spit, so finally did it on the hottest day of the year. I took the Alpine Ferry aross for about $19 rtn. The ride was about 20 minutes long. If you want to camp, and have a lot of gear, there are a few large green wheel barrows for you to borrow to bring your stuff to the campsite,which is about 10 mintues away from the dock. The wheel barrows are located right off the dock in the picnic area. Ensure you calculate your time accordingly, so you have enough time to get back to the dock. I walked along the beach for sometime, but realized that the end of the beach area I was at did not connect to the area of the dock (which I could see) that I needed to be at. It is very decieving. I thought it connected but there was only water instead. So I had to backtract all the way, which was a few kms. I misssed the ferry I wanted, but was able to make the last one. Never take the last one, unless you are actually on the dock waiting. I almost spent the night on the beach. Bring extra food and water in case. There is water available but has a very high sodium content and is not recommened for people with heart issues. There is snacks and water/pop available on the ferry. Cash only. Wonderful crew also on the ferry. Very friendly and helpful. The ferry stops sailing on the 1st of Sept.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank NavygirlComox
Edmonton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great day at the beach”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had a wonderful day on Sidney Spit. The sand is lovely. If you have young kids, stop at the dollar store on Beacon St. on your way to the boat. For under $10 you can get some pails, shovels and other sand toys. We spent $6.00 and our twin 3 year olds played on the beach for five hours.
Take food and water as there are no services on the island, just outhouses.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank YoungFamilyTwins
Guildford
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Superb picnic day trip”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

So easy to do. Grab the little boat at the end of the Sidney Dock (don't miss the amazing Fish shop right on the dock with outstanding seafood, including oysters and Alaska Black Cod, beautiful salmon and crab). Take a picnic, and everything you need for the day, as there's nothing on Sidney Spit. Lovely swimming, although a bit chilly, and nice beach. Take some good walking shoes/sandals to explore the lovely inner island. We saw lots of wild life, and right on the end of the Spit, the Anacortes Ferry passes by. Local boat owners anchor just off the dock at Sidney Spit, which can get very busy on a weekend, so best to go during the week. Highly recommend Sidney Bakery doughnuts.

Visited July 2013