I have just spent three days at the Sidney Pier Hotel. Sidney is a pleasant town and a popular retirement location. The town has loads of interesting book shops, some good coffee houses and other interesting shops to browse. The hotel is about three years old and looks directly out to the Gulf Islands. On this visit we opted for a one bedroom studio with full kitchen. It was a slightly odd set up with a full kitchen and then a king sized bed almost directly behind the kitchen. It was nice to have the option of cooking for ourselves as there are several huge supermarkets within walking distance as well as other health food stores.
The fan was making a wining sound when we arrived so we switched it off for the duration of the stay. The bed was quite comfortable. Not the most comfortable I have ever slept in but pretty good. The bathroom had both a tub and shower stall and was very spacious. The hotel provides amenities from local suppliers in Salt Spring which is a nice touch and there is an eco feel about the whole place.
The hotel often showcases interesting art/ crafts from local artists.
We had a reasonable meal in Haro the hotel restaurant. There are so many great restaurants in the Victoria area and I wouldn't make a special trip to this one but it seems very popular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 55-room boutique hotel, spa, oceanfront restaurant & lounge, and cafe, opened in May 2007. Located on the waterfront in the charming seaside town of Sidney, British Columbia on Vancouver Island - just 10 minutes from the Victoria International Airport, BC Ferries to Vancouver, and Washington State Ferries to Anacortes, Washington. 30 minute drive to downtown Victoria. Complimentary use of 24 hour Fitness Centre. 3 Meeting/Function rooms for groups up to 60 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sidney Pier Hotel Sidney
- The Sidney Pier Hotel And Spa