“lovely hotel by the bay”

The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
Vancouver, Canada
“lovely hotel by the bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Made a last-minute reservation for our stay, and got a huge room with a view of the bay. The beds were really comfortable, and I enjoyed the rain shower and spa bath products. The sink leaked a little, but as we were just there for one night we didn't bother to ask to get it fixed or to change rooms. The hotel provides all of the special little things, like robes and slippers, and we made use of the mini-fridge and the patio. If I visit Sidney again I'll definitely stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank girl_from_vancity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here last night of trip as near airport. Very nice hotel, comfortable, large, clean room with view of water. Several good restaurants within easy walking distance. Town itself more pleasant than expected. Only problem: no shuttle to airport offered.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here for our last night of our wonderful adventure. We were able to check in early. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice and very clean. Our view from our balcony was of the harbour and pier. Beautiful. Close to downtown and all the little shops. We went for a massage at the wonderful spa, We were given massages by a registered therapist, she was very good and it was so relaxing. Eucalyptus steam bath, showers, robes and slippers and a room to relax while you are waiting with tea and biscotti. The soothing music put me to sleep. I felt so rested after a long trip. I didn't use the gym but it too looked very nice. For dinner we went to Haro's, the restaurant in the Hotel. It was very good and the service was very good as well. Everything is easily accessible, underground parking, elevators and although we didn't have a dog, there were quite a few and they were all very well behaved. There are beds provided for them in the lobby so their owners can relax and read the paper.
The gift shop across the street was really nice too with friendly people there to help you. We walked along the pier, the grounds are beautiful. On certain days they have music in the bandshell that is there in a park like setting. We had a wonderful stay and will be back some day.

Room Tip: Get one with a view. Beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Spent one night at The Sidney Pier as it was close to the airport and recommended. Room was ready before check in time and clean. Shuttle to and from airport was perfect. Nice view of the water and nice access to local shops. Close enough to the water to go for a walk

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with the Sidney Pier Hotel. Our balcony overlooked the Sidney harbour and ocean. We walked along the coast mornings and at sunset. Our room was very comfortable and luxurious. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located centrally, with Sidney Whale Watching across the street, and a fabulous restaurant Fish on Fifth about a five minute walk away. If you plan to stay in Sidney, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony overlooking the ocean are the best
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JamesCSwartzPhotos
Shawnigan Lake, BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had our Annual Girls Weekend at Sidney Pier, so disappointing! The room was run down, not clean at all, holes in furniture, stains on carpet, bathroom counters and sinks were filthy. Not at all what I would expect for $ 375. nite, feel totally ripped off! The Spa didnt even phone us back, the front desk clerk on the sat nite was the rudest (and greasy hair, in fact everyone in elevator was mentioning this) hotel person I have ever come across. No coffee or bottled water after first nite, no turn down service, and didnt even tidy up after first nite towels and beds only. No cell service in Hotel. Pull out bed was terrible, didnt even provide proper blankets! Never to return and feel totally ripped off!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Loretta C
Natalie K, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay. We clearly fell well short of our standard for service and value during this visit. Your concerns regarding this special weekend warrant a more personal response. I would be most appreciative of an opportunity to speak directly, and to see how we can earn back your business. I can be reached by calling the hotel via our toll free number - 1-866-659-9445.

Natalie King
Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband is in the Canadian Forces and we just had a baby. Unfortunately he wasn't able to be at the birth of our son because he was away training. He got to come home for the may long weekend so we decided to get away. I told the lady who took my reservation how excited I was for our first little family getaway and how special our trip was. When I arrived they had given us complimentary upgrade! We are talking stunning room! I could not get over all of the amenities and space in the room. Once we checked in, we didn't leave the room! We ordered room service and sat in our robes and enjoyed our delicious meals on the balcony over looking the ocean. The next day my husband surprised me with a spa day where I enjoyed a massage and pedicure. The staff at the spa were so sweet and made sure I had everything I needed to enjoy my brief break from motherhood. Honestly the best 24 hours I've spent in a hotel and I would recommend them to anyone! Not to mention the convenience of the location. Minutes away from the ferry and we enjoyed browsing through the Shaw Discovery Center and walking along the pier. Just perfect

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
#3 of 52 in Victoria
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,133 reviews
Fairfield
Abigail's Hotel
Abigail's Hotel
#1 of 52 in Victoria

Been to The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!