“Wonderful night”

The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Spent one night at The Sidney Pier as it was close to the airport and recommended. Room was ready before check in time and clean. Shuttle to and from airport was perfect. Nice view of the water and nice access to local shops. Close enough to the water to go for a walk

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with the Sidney Pier Hotel. Our balcony overlooked the Sidney harbour and ocean. We walked along the coast mornings and at sunset. Our room was very comfortable and luxurious. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located centrally, with Sidney Whale Watching across the street, and a fabulous restaurant Fish on Fifth about a five minute walk away. If you plan to stay in Sidney, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony overlooking the ocean are the best
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JamesCSwartzPhotos
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had our Annual Girls Weekend at Sidney Pier, so disappointing! The room was run down, not clean at all, holes in furniture, stains on carpet, bathroom counters and sinks were filthy. Not at all what I would expect for $ 375. nite, feel totally ripped off! The Spa didnt even phone us back, the front desk clerk on the sat nite was the rudest (and greasy hair, in fact everyone in elevator was mentioning this) hotel person I have ever come across. No coffee or bottled water after first nite, no turn down service, and didnt even tidy up after first nite towels and beds only. No cell service in Hotel. Pull out bed was terrible, didnt even provide proper blankets! Never to return and feel totally ripped off!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Loretta C
Natalie K, General Manager at The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay. We clearly fell well short of our standard for service and value during this visit. Your concerns regarding this special weekend warrant a more personal response. I would be most appreciative of an opportunity to speak directly, and to see how we can earn back your business. I can be reached by calling the hotel via our toll free number - 1-866-659-9445.

Natalie King

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband is in the Canadian Forces and we just had a baby. Unfortunately he wasn't able to be at the birth of our son because he was away training. He got to come home for the may long weekend so we decided to get away. I told the lady who took my reservation how excited I was for our first little family getaway and how special our trip was. When I arrived they had given us complimentary upgrade! We are talking stunning room! I could not get over all of the amenities and space in the room. Once we checked in, we didn't leave the room! We ordered room service and sat in our robes and enjoyed our delicious meals on the balcony over looking the ocean. The next day my husband surprised me with a spa day where I enjoyed a massage and pedicure. The staff at the spa were so sweet and made sure I had everything I needed to enjoy my brief break from motherhood. Honestly the best 24 hours I've spent in a hotel and I would recommend them to anyone! Not to mention the convenience of the location. Minutes away from the ferry and we enjoyed browsing through the Shaw Discovery Center and walking along the pier. Just perfect

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a little island staycation this past weekend.
What a great decision to stay in Sidney at the Sidney Pier Hotel. We were treated so well by all the staff from the moment we walked in. We arrived early to find that our room was ready before the usual check-in time - nice surprise. Our room was spacious, immaculately clean, and well appointed. Bed was absolutely dreamy to sleep in. We dined in Haro's, the hotel restaurant, and are so glad we did. Food was delicious (Hubby had steak with frites, I had salmon), fabulous house bread, great service. Although the weekend was spotted with rain showers, we managed to spend time walking along the water, and doing a little shopping on Beacon Ave. Without having to leave the island, it really felt like a getaway. Thank you Sidney Pier for a much needed weekend of pampering.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is very close to the Swartz Bay ferry terminal. Rooms are lovely as is the hotel. All staff were very helpful any time help was needed or with inquiries. Amenities all close by. If you are looking for more, you need to go to Victoria, rather than Sidney. It is nice and relaxing. At the end of my stay, the hotel even provided me with a ride to the ferry terminal for my trip home to the lower mainland.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy the spa, you should look at booking prior to your actual trip.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, however Lisa, the front desk clerk seemed put off that we were even there, like we were disturbing her. We had called the hotel an hour before we arrived and were told that indeed they had rooms and the different types. Upon our arrival Lisa was not very pleasant and to top it off she would not honor the the trip advisor free upgrade coupon that the hotel has posted. She said she didn't have any upgraded room to offer us. But as I said we had just called the hotel and they listed all the different rooms available.
Our room had patio doors but no balcony, it's just blocked off. To see the ocean we had to stand at our window, yes we could see the ocean from the 3 floor, but we could also see every other room, balcony, and the roof over the first floor.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Canadiangiselle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel
Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection
Hotel Grand Pacific
Hotel Grand Pacific
#14 of 49 in Victoria

Been to The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!