Was in Sidney for a conference and booked a single Essential King Room. I had a couple of options at the front desk - the Trip Advisor "free room upgrade" and a preferential rate that the conference had apparently arranged with the Pier. The woman at the front desk couldn't find any information about a preferential rate and the "upgrade" wasn't possible because there weren't any rooms at the next level available. However, she was quite accommodating and was able to give me the BC resident rate which took about $10 off the room rate. Doesn't hurt to ask.
The room was clean and well laid out - comfortable bed and tastefully decorated. The Essential is just that - bed, desk, flatscreen TV (with built in DVD player), and a chair. Washroom was shower only, no tub. Not an issue for me. This room was on the street side so no ocean view ... not sure if this was the designated "haggle room" or if all of the Essential rooms are street side.
Building was quiet once I figured out how to turn the heat/ac fan off - it would have been impossible to sleep with it on. No need for a wake up call as flights from nearby Sidney airport around 6:00 were loud enough to wake you up.
All in all a good looking room for a fairly reasonable price. And it is worth checking the charge when you check out - they "overcharged" me by about $70 but were very open about it being incorrect and charged me the right amount when I left. I imagine this is probably a hotel policy to get a "deposit."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 55-room boutique hotel, spa, oceanfront restaurant & lounge, and cafe, opened in May 2007. Located on the waterfront in the charming seaside town of Sidney, British Columbia on Vancouver Island - just 10 minutes from the Victoria International Airport, BC Ferries to Vancouver, and Washington State Ferries to Anacortes, Washington. 30 minute drive to downtown Victoria. Complimentary use of 24 hour Fitness Centre. 3 Meeting/Function rooms for groups up to 60 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sidney Pier Hotel Sidney
- The Sidney Pier Hotel And Spa