The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
$144
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$141
$137
Beacon Inn at Sidney(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$148
Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$148
$136
Agoda.com
The Latch Inn(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$170
Belle Maison Aupres De La Mer B&B(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$144
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$108
Priceline
$112
Travelocity
$72
Agoda.com
All reviewssidney piercoffee shopunderground parkingsignature suitebeautiful hotelocean viewbedroom suitehotel staffdining tablebeautiful roomhotel roomfull kitchenacross the streetwonderful viewsized bedbutchart gardenssame building
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I really enjoyed my one night at the Sidney Pier, and wish that I could've stayed longer. The hotel staff was helpful in every way, the room was really clean and comfortable with nice decor. The dispensers with locally made body wash, shampoo and conditioner in the shower and body lotion and hand wash by the sink were nice touches. I found the bed to be really comfortable, and basically felt like I was at home. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I spent one night at the Sidney Pier Hotel in August 2011. We're from Victoria, so it was a quick weekend getaway. We stayed in a Seaview King room, which had nice modern furnishings and was spacious, bright and very clean. The view was beautiful - sitting in bed, we couldn't see the other wings of the hotel, so it felt very private. I have to comment on the shower - the big rain-style head was fantastic. Although I didn't take a bath, the tub looked to be 6 ft long and quite deep.

We arrived at the restaurant (Haro's) just before 7pm on a Friday without a reservation. It was packed, including the patio, but fortunately a table freed up in the bar right then. It's worth going for happy hour between 5 and 7, when there are several food and drink specials. Overall, it's not a cheap night out, but the quality of food, service and atmosphere is great.

1  Thank gardencity1
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We needed a place to stay close to the airport to catch an early flight. We locked into this special hotel and we didn't know what we were getting. What a wonderful place with wonderful people and incredible views over the water. The British gentleman at the counter was extremely nice and very helpful. He shuttled us to the airport at 5:00am and didn't complain not once. I just wish we could have stayed longer. Next time for sure!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed for 6 nights in a Junior-Suite. First the essentials:
- the king size bed was very very comfortable
- the room had very good curtains and blinds, re blocking the morning and afternoon sun
- the kitchenette was easy to use (except for the toaster, which wasn't working because the electrical outlet wasn't working).
- very large fridge & freezer.
- Air conditioning worked very well.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, with immediate help for any questions/issues that we had.
- Dave the dog was just as wonderful as we had hoped.

Georgia Cafe is good for quick food, and there's a Fairway Market (grocery store) kitty-corner from the hotel.

No issues finding parking in the secure lot.

Our main issues (minor complaints only) are with some inconsistent service:
- the newspaper: the website mentions a free daily paper. We weren't asked about it at check-in, so we just assumed that we were getting it. Well, we didn't. But we got it as soon as we asked. Next morning, no paper again. So we called-down again, and got the paper right way, and this time they added us to the list for the rest of our stay (they should have asked us at check-in....but a minor detail).
- the lack of lighting and electrical-outlets in the suite. My laptop used the one and only outlet in the living-room area, and this meant that we had to unplug the one and only main lamp). So we improvised each night by moving the floor-lamp to the edge of the kitchen, and plugging it into the outlet by the coffee maker......and then moving the floor lamp back each morning.
- I just assumed there would be lots (or at least 2 or 3) electrical outlets near the living area, but I was wrong.
- the unfortunate location of the junior-suites is challenged becuase the floor's fire-stairs are at the same spot as the suite. So the suite's layout is in an "L" that wraps around the area where the fire stairs are. This puts the bathroom in the middle of the suite, instead of the normal "near the door" location. Combine that with the sliding bathroom door and the bathroom is really front-and-centre in the suite, not tucked away. minor design detail that they've worked around.
- Housekeeping was inconsistent re what they replaced each day (you notice those things, during a 6-night stay). Some days we got all of coffee, Pelegrino sparkling water, tea and fresh towells. Some days just some of the above. 1 day no coffee (hey, I need that stuff to survive, haha, but someone sent some up right away when I called, but the point is that I had to call and ask for it - and in fairness this only happened on 1 of the 6 days).
- Have I mentioned yet that the kitchen has no lighting? Zero, none. Just the spillover light from the rest of the room (and there wasn't much light in this room to begin with). I think this lack of kitchen lights is the main problem with the Junior Suites here, and you'd think it would be simple to install some track-lighting above the kitchen. Ok for summer evenings cooking with outside light, but how would someone cook dinner during the winter months? Maybe you can buy a flashlight at Fairway Market for that? (haha, I say that in friendly humour....but I think the dark kitchens are a problem, and we're fortunate to have stayed at a time when sunset is at 8:00pm, not 4:30pm.

All in all, a great stay. We would stay here again.
- If we stayed in a Junior-suite again, I'd pack an extension-cord with a double-end, so that I can plug in my laptop and also have a light on at the same time.
- And I wouldn't stay in a Junior-Suite in the winter months, because of the lack of kitchen lighting. (and again, I'm not talking about "not enought lights in the kitchen", I'm talking "Zero lights in the kitchen".).

But with those 2 issues solved, I'd stay here again and again and again. The staff are friendly and respond to questions / issues immediately. That's very impressive.

2  Thank Flugel-the-Horn
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great place to stay, pet friendly, terrific staff - wonderful room - Jr Harbour Suite. Close to all shops, restaurants. Best thing was the full kitchen in our great room!

Room Tip: Get a water view with kitchen.