“Boutique hotel in quiet town”

The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sidney
Reviewed November 29, 2007

We stayed four nights in this very new facility. In some ways, its chic, modern style is incongruous with the rest of the rest of the small town, which seems to have a decidedly geriatric populace (apparently Sidney is a known retirement destination).

My spouse and I came here on a long weekend with the specific purpose of "doing nothing", other than reading, taking walks, and generally lazing around. The hotel was well suited to this. It is located on the water, at the end of the main street, and a few steps from the shoreline walk.

We had a "Promenade King" room (see pics) which was quite comfortable and immaculately clean. My only (minor) complaint would be that the lighting was a little dark, making reading somewhat a challenge after sunset. We mentioned this to the front desk, and they knew of this problem and were working to fix it.

We dined one night at their restaurant -- and enjoyed it very much. They do the "local, seasonal" thing well, and the service was enthusiastic.

If next in Sidney, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank YC-YVR

Reviewed November 9, 2007

Stayed for Business it was amazing. Only cost me 110 a night and the room was beautiful, I even had an ocean view on the deck. I would expect to to pay around 250 for a room that I stayed in. Best hotel in Victoria area I had to do work in Downtown Victoria but I chose to stay out here because its so nice. Amazing setting too!

• Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank dell111
Reviewed September 27, 2007

This was an unexpected surprise (except for previous reviews). It was top-notch both in decor and service. We could not understand why such a nice hotel was located in Sidney. The rest of the town is not much. (We never found the numerous bookstores noted in some guide books). Sidney is cute, and they've certainly kept it tidy. However, the hotel seemed out of place. One of our hosts on the SJ islands suggested that they are probably gearing up for the Vancouver Winter Olympics. We enjoyed our stay and would readily return!

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank trytofly
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We only stayed one night and regretted that we didn't have more time. The hotel is fabulous and the staff are great. It is well situated and the town of Sidney was also a wonderful surprise.
We will be staying at the Pier again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sk User
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We stayed at the Sidney Pier for one night in September prior to heading over to Salt Spring Island for a wedding. I only wish that we could have stayed longer -- and plan to stay there again on our next trip out to Vancouver Island.

We were greeted politely at the reception, and rapidly checked into our room. Despite staying in one of the least expensive rooms in the hotel, the room was amazing -- attention to detail was fantastic. I particularly enjoyed the extremely comfortable bed, the extended suitcase shelf and the view of the water. The bathroom was gorgeous -- I would like to move it into my home, with the spacious rainshower. Also, the toiletries were really nice -- I have completely forgotten the name and would love it if someone could enlighten me. I think they referenced Salt Spring, maybe. :-)

Breakfast also was great -- I liked the continental buffet in combination with the eggs benedict.

My only complaint was with the spa -- not precisely a part of the hotel, so I haven't downgraded the rating. I called in the morning and was really excited when they could fit me in for a quickie manicure in my tight pre-wedding schedule. I then went down to the spa and waited for 35 minutes past my appointment time -- I ended up getting an extremely rushed mini-manicure. So I might, in future, go elsewhere for these sorts of services, or plan them only for a day with a lot of time.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adnelg
Reviewed September 6, 2007

We were passing through Sidney on our way back to SeaTac Airport and only stayed there for one night. The hotel and staff were so great we would have liked to stay longer. The hotel is contemporary in design and we found the decor very nice and calming. We had a balcony which overlooked the Cannery, but we also had a nice view of the sea. Loved the single serve coffee machine once we figured out how to use it. The hotel has free covered (underground) parking which is something I've never seen at a hotel of this caliber. It is less than 5 minutes from the Anacortes Ferry. We had dinner at the Rumrunner Pub. It was the best meal we had on our trip. We would like to go back to Sidney some day and look forward to staying at the Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jmb4534
Reviewed August 29, 2007

This is a new hotel so we wanted to give it a try and we were very pleased.
Excellent location.Beautiful views
Very nice decor and well appointed rooms.
Peaceful and serene.
The restaurant ,Haro's was most delightful
Would stay again in a heartbeat

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank islandrockin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites
Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
Oak Bay Beach Hotel
#3 of 47 in Victoria
Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa
Victoria Airport Travelodge

Been to The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!