“Exquisite decor, spotless, charming, great location, and wonderful staff!”

Beacon Inn at Sidney
Ranked #1 of 8 Sidney B&B and Inns
London, Canada
“Exquisite decor, spotless, charming, great location, and wonderful staff!”
Reviewed September 17, 2010

As a 'picky' traveller, I could not find one thing to criticize or improve on. Having stayed here twice for an extended period of time, the service, breakfasts maintained its hight quality throughout.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Sultana48

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
toronto
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My husband and I spent 1 night in Sydney to be close to the airport on our return home. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of Beacon Inn. It really feels like an expensive inn yet the room rates were very reasonable. We were upgraded to a beautifully appointed room which included a fireplace and whirlpool tub. The breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Regina
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Well decorated, (not cluttered but in an older style), ample food tastefully cooked and presented but with no choice (set menu), TVs have been upgraded to thin flat screens in the 2 rooms we stayed in, ample free parking, easy walking distance to all of downtown, free wi-fi, exceptionally clean and quiet, very friendly staff. On both occasions they upgraded our reservation without cost. They try very hard to make sure you have a wonderful experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank pickypickypicky
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My husband stayed here when on business and recommended it. I have only one (minor) complaint which I'll address below but there is so much to say in a positive light. Yes, this B&B is staffed and owners don't live on the premises but that certainly did not take away from the personal service and attentiveness of all staff members. They all remembered me by name, asked about my daily routine and made some very useful suggestions.

The room was very comfortable and clean. I hate places that are less than clean and this place did not disappoint. The room has every amenity, was more spacious than most, and the staff kept it tidy and clean during my 6 day stay. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

The bedding is top quality and sleeping was so comfortable.

The TVs are the only thing that really don't fit with this fine accommodation, but it didn't bother me because I was there to enjoy Sidney and area, not watch TV. The TVs are small and old but I don't see that as a negative.

Breakfasts were always delicious and prompt. My only complaint is that the breakfast meats (something different every day) are obviously microwaved to warm them thus the meat is hard and not appetizing. But the egg dishes (eggs benedict, souffle, french toast, omelet, etc) were always perfectly done and very tasty. I also liked that they served locally made blueberry syrup and a nice berry jam.

So, my stay was a pleasure in this clean, comfortable inn with plenty of attention to detail. I can hardly wait to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Wonderful place. Beautifully decorated and furnished -- great attention to the small details that make for a perfect stay. The staff were terrific. Could not ask for anything more!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
North Vancouver
Reviewed October 29, 2009

We stayed just one night at the Beacon and were impressed by the comfort and style of this mock-heritage "B&B": really a small boutique hotel with nine rooms and featuring a full breakfast -- apple crumble and french toast the morning of our visit. The service was excellent: we had thought briefly of cancelling our reservation, as my spouse came down with a light cold the night before our departure; in spite of the fact that we were "locked in" by the B&B Association rules, we were told we could negotiate a refund later if we chose not to come. The morning of our visit dawned bright and sunny and my wife was feeling better, so we went in any case and were happy we did; the staff even upgraded us at no cost to a larger room. And the rooms we saw were large and bright and tastefully furnished with accoutrements brought in by the owners from their European travels. Our only concern was cost: we realize that this kind of small inn cannot survive on motel prices, but the higher end rooms were in the range of four-star hotels in the city.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gordon L
New York State
Reviewed August 17, 2009

This was a wonderful B&B. My husband and I stayed here in early August, with plans to visit nearby Buchart Gardens, the local bookshops and to bike on the Gulf Islands. We loved the comfy room, with the great bathroom that had a soaker tub. Everything was impeccably clean and the staff were exceptionally helpful. Russ, the owner, was available to provide us with local information on sights, ferries and he even went out of his way to take our bikes back to the rental shop for us. I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone traveling to Victoria and the surrounding area.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sidney
The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
#2 of 4 in Central Saanich
Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Magnolia Hotel And Spa
#2 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Beacon Inn at Sidney? Share your experiences!