“Absolutely perfect”
other travelers have booked this property
Salish Sea Beach House B & B Living Room
Salish Sea Beach House B & B
Living Room
Kitchen/Dining Room
Bedroom Queen size Bamboo mattress custom Mahogany Headboard and float tables
Mount Baker This is one of your views!
Bill our resident Great Blue Heron
Sunrise right out your window!
Lotus doors welcome you ....
Salish Sunrise
Ivy pillars in the back yard
Mahogany custom kitchen
Solaris Suite entrance
Mount Baker pre dawn ....
Double rainbows right from our property!
Bazan Bay ... this is how our day starts!
Sidney Pier
Male Anna's Hummingbird ... one of our yearly residents.
Man by the Sea ...
Salish Sea pre dawn
They otter know it's a great place to stay!
Dining room and lotus front door
Yes this is your view!
A blazing sunrise!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

machellel...
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Absolutely perfect”
Reviewed August 27, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

There were so many great things about the Salish Sea Beach House! We had a wonderful time. Some of the many great points:

1. Location -- the beach was beautiful, and it was right on a walking path to adorable downtown Sidney with its sea wall, restaurants, distillery, fish market, museums, and just general pleasantness. We arrived late at night, and it was only minutes from the airport, so we were able to get there quickly and get so sleep. next to downtown Sidney, with the sea wall, restaurants, other things. 4 miles from Schwartz Bay terminal to visit Gulf Islands, or 15 miles to drive to Victoria. Also pretty close and convenient to the Butchart Gardens!

2. The backyard garden was absolutely, 100% charming, and she has a beach access on the other side of the road with private picnic and hangout areas. In addition, the place is so comfortable and has everything you need: full kitchen, coffeemaker, fridge, a computer, TV with cable and Netflix, and windows that you can open to enjoy the fresh air when the weather is perfect.

3. Shelley, the owner, was interesting and delightful. She was always available to answer questions, give advice, and talk about life. She had food for us in the kitchen when we arrived, including all important eggs, coffee, tea and fruit.

4. We love dogs, and missed ours. Selina was an ray of love in the garden.

Wonderful memories!

Aug 29, 2018
Thank you!!! What a spectacular review to go along with spectacular guests that you were. It was so wonderful meeting you both and I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay! I hope you both return because guests like you are a pleasure to host then inevitably they become friends! Cheers, Shelley
MoonSwing...
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Magical & tranquil”
Reviewed August 14, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

This was by far the greatest visit I've ever had to Canada. Shelley's property is stunning - the back yard is like a secret magic garden with gorgeous flowers, trees, birds & butterflies, and the front yard is an astonishingly gorgeous view of Salish Sea. Her suite is so thoughtfully furnished, with perfect little touches throughout - and the bed is quite possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! I can't wait to come back someday!

Aug 15, 2018
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I was a very special visit and I can't wait for your return! I just wish there was no smoke so you could have seen the spectacular view for what it really is!
Cheers,
Shelley
Danielle...
St. Albert
“A magical paradise on the Salish Sea”
Reviewed August 21, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

From our "slightly" early arrival to our departure, Shelley and sweet little Selina were such welcoming and inviting hostesses. Nothing will disappoint. No other word but magical can describe the garden out back. The suite itself is incredible. Every need is met and more. We spent hours sitting on the beach area enjoying the water, the tides, the birds and the peace. We arrived as strangers and feel that we have left as friends. Shelley everything was wonderful, and we are so looking forward to another visit.

Aug 23, 2017
Danielle the pleasure was all mine! You were such thoughtful guests! I am so glad we met and I am even happier that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your return! Selina feels the same way I'm sure!
Cheers!
Shelley
johnkJ406...
“Best B&B Ever”
Reviewed August 9, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

It is seldom that one arrives at a B&B which exceeds expectations in every aspect, but Shelley and Salish Sea Beach House did. The suite is extremely large and convenient. The owner has provided everything (and I mean everything) that you could possibly want, The bed was as good as it gets and offered us great sleep every night. The secret garden and patio in the rear provided us with an outstanding place to have a glass of wine in the evening. We will definitely return.

Aug 12, 2017
Thank you for the wonderful review John! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you two again! Cheers!
Donna D
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Private hidden treasure, hiding in plain view of the Salish Sea”
Reviewed May 30, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Modern clean and spacious luxury greeted us. Out back, a half acre of garden trails are a delight to explore. Quiet private retreats for bird watching, loaded with entertaining folk art. Inside, all your needs are met in style. We arrived feeling stressed from life and very soon we felt at home in total comfort, looking forward to an amazing sleep. Thank you Shelley. You have a huge heart and an artist's eye. You have built something wonderful. Thanks for everything.

May 31, 2017
Donna thank you so much for the wonderful review! Such kind words .... and I must admit it was a wonderful surprise to wake up to this morning considering you haven't even checked out yet! I guess you know a guest is happy when they review you before they leave! I am so glad you two came and hopefully there will be a return visit in the future!
Janice S
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 12, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Fabulous location whether you arrive by Ferry (BC and Anacortes) or by air.
Something for everyone to experience. Walking the beach. Bird watching.
Exploring the lovely town of Sidney.
Every little comfort of home has been thought of and then some.
Shelley has put a lot of thought into making her guests feel welcome and comfortable and if definitely shows.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.

May 14, 2017
Thank you Janice! I was my pleasure to have you I hope you come back soon! I do believe we here in Sidney live in paradise! :)
bucko1080
Redondo Beach, California
“What a find! Thank you Tripadvisor”
Reviewed March 1, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

My sisters and I can only echo what all other reviewers have said! Location, living quarters, gardens, beach access and hostess Shelley are all wonderful and exceeded all our expectations. We are very experienced travelers and were still overwhelmed by the thought and effort that went into creating this beautiful, comfortable, and extremely well-equipped living space! Any time we return to Vancouver island this is where I want to be. Thank you Shelley you made our trip a truly memorable one.

Mar 2, 2017
Thank you so very much for the kind words! It is because of guests like you and your sisters is why I do this! I love to see people happy! Thank you so much for coming and I truly hope you all return! Cheers!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing