“Good place for breakfast”

Smitty's Family Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 85 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Smitty's is Canada's great Family style Restaurant serving wonderful pancakes, waffles and eggs all day long, we also offer many lunch and dinner specials from hamburgers, to wraps, soups of the day, wonderful salads, steaks and so much more, staff are amazing, and we are open every day from 7am to 8pm.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good breakfast - hearty portion and fast service. No offer of a 2nd cup of coffee though - that's important for me.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Entering the restauarant we had to wait for a woman to escort us to a table and she was unhospitable almost as if we were an inconvenience, said nothing to us. They forgot or drink order and had to retake it. The salad was saturated and soggy with salad dressing. The atmosphere is a windowless back room along a narrow corridor. One gets the impression that the syaff don't really care because they are not attentive. The experience was sad. If this is the best they can do then the resyauant should be shut down as it is certainly not up to the syandard of other Smittys restaurants I have visited.

1  Thank nautical2004
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We sat and waited for 30 mins and no one even took our drink order.
There was only 4 tables and 2 came in after us and had their orders in already. Don't go if you're hungry!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband and I always love to eat at Smitty's. We had a breakfast there and we really enjoyed the friendly family atmosphere and great service. My only complaint is that the restaurant closed at 8:00 p.m. - a little too early closing as we arrived in from our flight at 7:30 p.m.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband and I have dined at this restaurant several times, on our own, as well as with family members and friends - mostly for breakfast, as this is really what the restaurant is known for. There are several types of breakfast 'skillets' on the menus - all of which I have tried and enjoyed. Although I will say it is a little on the pricey side for breakfast, that fact is somewhat offset by the fact that the portions are very generous - and the food is consistently good and predictable (in a good way). My husband's favourite is the 'meat lover's skillet, and consists of bacon, ham, sausage and eggs on home fries. My preference is the ;Texas skillet' - all the things you would find in a taco, but over eggs and home fries, and with a side of sour cream and salsa, of course! Although we are not particularly enamoured of the atmosphere or decor of the restaurant (it is relatively new and very 'boxy'), I will say that the service is good and the servers maintain a standard of customer service, as well as being quite friendly. This particular restaurant replaced one in the same mall area that was a lot more charming and interesting in terms of decor and design - it was torn down due to renovations and other store changes. in any case, if someone who isn't familiar with our city would like to easily find a great breakfast place - this would be it!!

1  Thank chronicbon