“Impressed with Salad”
Review of Stonestreet Cafe - CLOSED

Stonestreet Cafe
Cuisines: Contemporary
Description: Best soup ever!
Description: Best soup ever!
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a bustling place--probably not the best for a romantic tete-a-tete. My husband and I had lunch here on October 12 at a very busy time. Service was terrific, friendly and helpful, and the food was scrumptious and plentiful. I ordered the salad of mesclun, chickpeas, almonds, cranberries and feta with a light orange-sesame dressing (only $8.50). It was huge. I ate 2/3 and my husband got the rest. It was impeccably fresh and unbelievably tasty--my idea of heaven on a plate--the best salad I had on my trip and I tried many in two weeks.

My husband had the tuna panini special with a small bowl of corn and chicken chowder. The soup looked super thick and he enjoyed it but found the tuna sandwich a bit dry. He, too, gobbled up my salad offering. I'd eat here regularly if I lived close by. I recall eating here several years ago, also leaving with a favourable impression. To keep quality and consistency over time is a challenge not often met by restaurants, so well done Stonestreet!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I meet friends at the Stonestreet every fortnight. The food has never disappointed. Reasonably priced and everything is prepared fresh and from scratch. Always 3 choices of soups. Reasonable soup and sandwich or soup and salad specials. Try the Stonestreet Salad, and add a few shrimp - delicious. Doug also caters and I can't recommend him highly enough, check out their website to have a look at what they can cater, it isn't just sandwiches..! :) Great cappuccinos and lattes. They have a couple of large, community tables for sharing, a lovely way to get to know the person next to you.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

For a quiet pub atmosphere and good food while waiting for a ferry or just after getting off one this is a great choice!

1  Thank TJ J
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is refreshing to find a coffee shop that isn't a chain. It's not perfect, but it has it's own flavour and that's refreshing. Good coffee and food, clean, pleasant servers......

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Conveniently located on Sidney's main street, the Stonestreet Cafe makes healthy sandwiches both in ingredients and size which are made to order. We are talking big fresh bread, big fillings, and virtually a salad of greens and sprouts on top. One sandwich is easily enough to share. It also appears to be a nice location to have coffee and the pastries looked tempting.