“Muy Bueno”
Review of Carlos Cantina & Grill - CLOSED

Carlos Cantina & Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Carlos Cantina & Grill offers a great location & atmosphere with delicious authentic Mexican cuisine. This busy restaurant in the heart of Sidney has been open at the same location for many years & enjoys an outstanding reputation for good food & a loyal following of clientele. The business boasts a consistent top internet restaurant ratings rank, such as the Urban Spoon & Groupon, within the Victoria area for Mexican food. Opening hours are reasonable & the kitchen is organized & fully equipped. Lovely outdoor seating, that takes advantage of the beautiful evenings in lovely Sidney By the Sea, including the popular Sidney Summer Markets, that run Thursday evenings during the summer season right outside its door.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

A great place for Mexican. The service was terrific (the owner was our waiter). The food was spot on and the proportions were more than adequate. My kids loved the tacos, never seen them eat so fast. Will definitely go back there again.

2  Thank Pat C

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Wanting to try lunch before inviting a guest for dinner, I ordered the Express Lunch of burrito and tortilla soup. The chicken in the burrito had a taste of yesterday's leftover chicken, the soup not the best I have had. The cook/server disappeared and I had to wait for him to return from somewhere on the street so I could pay him. We didn't return for dinner. Cute place though.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Victor welcomed us to his cosy little restaurant and I felt as if I was in Mexico at the locals favorite spot for a meal.
I'm a fish taco fiend and those at Carlos Cantina were the very best I've ever eaten, including those found in Mexico, or anywhere.
Can't remember what my friend chose, but whatever it was, she loved it. The salad was crisply fresh, the menu interesting, the food presentation perfect, the service tops, the whole place spotless and the prices crazy cheap.
Try it! You won't be disappointed, of that I'm certain.
Judith

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Every Friday and Saturday Carlos has fish taco special - super good deal, delicious, flavourful and the price is right at $10.95. Your choice of tortilla soup or salad included. If you are a fan of fish tacos this is the place we like to go. Carlos is also very prompt and attentive, the atmosphere is pleasant, funky and very clean. Great for a quick lunch during the workday too.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My fiancé and I drove up from Victoria to Sidney after reading positive reviews on Tripadvisor and were very pleased with our experience.
We were greeted with a warm welcome and sat down at our cozy table.
I had the enchiladas and my fiancé had the fajitas, both were great!
We recommended this place to some friends and they tried it out for themselves too and loved it.

1  Thank KatieLynn26