“Very Happy, Friendly and Caring Servers - Fabulous Menu!”
Review of Toast Cafe

Toast Cafe
Ranked #17 of 85 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Come visit us and enjoy freshly made ready-to-go lunch specials! Enjoy hot soup, delicious paninis, espresso and Italian gelato, all in a fraction of time it would take else where! We guarantee that your lunch break won’t be wasted in a long line, but rather enjoying a hot and ready-to-go meal prepared fresh daily.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

You can start your day here as early 6:00 a.m. and enjoy the best lattee or London Fog ever, have toast and jam or a full meal breakfast and then get a huge deli sandwich to go for your lunch. The relaxing environment is warm and friendly, the servers are genuine and, although small and quaint, the restaraunt is not noisy and crowded. It's a great little place, just off the "beaten path"!

1  Thank RedRambler220

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This tiny cafe in Sidney was a good find. We only had the morning before our scheduled boarding time for the ferry to Vancouver and were just walking around looking for a place to grab a quick breakfast.
There were appealing breakfast and lunch selections, all reasonably priced and served with considerable warmth. These people are happy to be there.
Coffee was quite good and served in a large mug...fifty cents will get you a refil. I chose a breakfast sandwich - Bob's, one of the healthiest choices and it was delicious. My husband loved his eggy concoction.
There are wooden tables, real forks and knives and real china. Nothing plastic about this place. Lots of locals and a bunch of young mothers gathered here. There are a couple of tables outside as well.
The menuboard is very interesting, the prices are reasonable. For those of you who have leapt onto the gluten free bandwagon, there is no guarantee and a note that gf baked goods are difficult to acheive with good results. I noticed a few people enjoying a bowl of soup...maybe that's the answer to the gf issue.

1  Thank grgrosen
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I really like the food selection and they make a wicked thai soup on wednesday.

1  Thank carOlyn51_11
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Every day on my holidays my treat is a good cup of coffee. So we asked a local couple to recommend a good place in Sidney as we planned to visit for the day and they recommended Toast to us. What struck me most about it was the relaxed atmosphere with a mixture of mums and children, friends. We only drank the coffee which was excellent but I looked longingly at the sandwiches (Big Choice) and cakes! It would definately be my local coffee shop if I lived in Sidney.

1  Thank VanessaRoad