“The Best Fish Ever!!!”

Add it.
Salty's Fish & Chips
Ranked #49 of 85 Restaurants in Sidney
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Staying in Victoria for our honeymoon and found this quaint little fish & chips spot. Service was excellent! Very friendly an welcoming :)
The Halibutt and chips were the best I think we've ever had...definitely recommend to anyone and we will be returning again next time we are in the area!
Thank you for a wonderful meal and evening :)

1  Thank Mogk
There are newer reviews for Salty's Fish & Chips

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Horrible service, our waitress looked bothered by our presence. She asked if I would like something to drink, I replied "not right now" which in customer lingo means I might want something in a while, so was appalled when she never returned to our table to ask how our meal was or if we needed or wanted anything else. The coleslaw left a disturbing tin-like after taste, the fries were limp and the fish was rather bland. I observed the other server unloading the the dish rack and watched her handle the drinking glasses by the rim, I am guessing neither of these girls possesed any knowledge of food safe. Adding insult to injury, even after it was obvious that we were done ( our plates pushed to the edge of the table) we continued to sit there waiting for some glimmer of customer service. But alas , it was not ment to be, I had to carry our plates to the counter and ask that she wrap the left overs. The most engaged I saw her was when her friends came by and were waving at her, and seriously, what type of fish and chip shop doesn't even give you a piece of lemon on your plate and if you want tater sauce you have to ask for that. Aren't those considered a staple of the fish and chip meal. I cannot recommend strongly enough to continue walking and take a pass on Salty's. I actually had to go and get Gravol after eating there.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

As an Englishman I know fish and chips and this is an excellent place to eat. My wife and I both had a lunchtime special of Haddock, prawns and chips and it was excellent. The batter was very light and fluffy, in fact it was better than most I had back in Blighty. The chips were good old fashioned chippy chips too. Definitely eat here if you are a fan of fish and chips. The service was also excellent.

1  Thank TreckingLee
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I almost gave up looking for good fish and chips in the Victoria area and then a friend mentioned Salty's.....mmm delicious and the third best Fish and Chippy in my world. My other two favourites are in England!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

this was just down on the harbour, in a little shipping container, the fish & chips were the best we have had in ages