“Average Food, Good Spot to Sit & Rest”
Review of The Pier Bistro

The Pier Bistro
Ranked #5 of 84 Restaurants in Sidney
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Pier Bistro in Sidney B.C. is located literally right on the Beacon Pier itself. We offer a casual waterfront dining experience with panoramic ocean views of the Gulf Islands. We serve unique and tasty entrees like Award Winning Seafood Chowder, Crab Cake Bennies, Gourmet Salads and a variety of Fish n' Chips to name a few.
Carpinteria, California
“Average Food, Good Spot to Sit & Rest”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a few hours to kill prior to going to Victoria Airport so we decided to go to the small town of Sidney and check it out. We walked around the main street and decided to get some lunch. My wife saw this little building at the end of the pier, so she suggested we go there. We walked down there and it looked cool. We went inside and took a seat in the balcony area which was totally covered with see through heavy plastic since a cool wind was blowing. It was a nice view. The waitress was nice and helpful with the menu. The menu is really short and probably only had about 20 items. I guess they do that since they are only open half the year. I ordered a burger since it was easy but asked about the special sauce. It was the same sauce they use on the crab cakes so I asked them to not put it on there. Glad I did because my wife got the crab cakes and that sauce would have ruined the burger. It really is for fish only, not red meat. The crab cakes were average although the waitress said they were their best seller. I think this place has a good location for a small town and could be great, just needs a menu/food make over.

• Visited May 2013

St. Catharines, Canada
“Location and great food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had breakfast the first day and enjoyed it so much that we returned again for our final breakfast. Great service, food and well priced.

• Visited May 2013
Auckland
“Best chowder”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Pouring with rain when we found this lovely restaurant on our way to catch the ferry from Swartz Bay. My clam chowder was the best that I had eaten. And it was fresh. The rest of our group had no complaints. The service was excellent, the surroundings pleasant, but the window seat did help.
All in all a great lunch.

• Visited April 2013
“Is anything here not pre made?”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Has the potential to be a great little bistro. Unfortunately the owners clearly too cheap to invest in fresh quality ingredients. The food was tolerable, but I could get the same meal for a quarter of the price if I went to an M & M meat shop. I will say that their tatter sauce is tasty though. Other than the view. This place has little to nothing going for it.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lilsavage
Canterbury
“What are the others moaning about?????”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went for a quick lunch recently and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I had cod and chips and loved it, hubby and our friend both had the steak and kidney pie and loved their's also. Our hostess was great - ideal personality for the job. Really don't understand what the others are moaing about! Willn go gain when we are back in Sidney. Was a bleak miserable day but still enjoyed the view.

• Visited February 2013