Travelodge Victoria Airport
The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$158
$147
The Sidney Pier
  • Restaurant
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$110
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$98
$58
$166
$126
Hotels.com
Villa Eyrie Resort(Malahat)(Great Value!)
$128
$125
Travelocity
Cherry Tree Inn(Saanich)(Great Value!)
$71
$47
Agoda.com
$102
$147
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsvictoria airportfree shuttleoutdoor poolgas stationpub next doortravel lodgeshuttle servicenext morningcharles dickensbreakfast room isconvenience storebasic hotelvery early morning flightyogurtconvenient place to stayfirst floorsmall kitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Clean hotel with big, comfortable, but a little bit dark rooms. Rooms have kitchenettes and spaciuos bathrooms.God beds. Outside pool. Friendly Service and free, fast shuttle to the airport (5 to 10 minutes) and the harbour. Close to a little shopping street and sidney pier. Many restaurants/shops close to the hotel (from fast food to very nice restaurants). Nice, modern European Style City.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
GMNCVat, General Manager at Travelodge Victoria Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to take in and experiance our beautiful little town of Sidney.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel works very well if you are budget conscious. The hotel is showing its age but the beds were clean and comfortable. Fridge and microwave as well as having a free breakfast worked well for us. We are a couple of athletes and tended to rush out to be where we needed to be on time and left the room in a mess. Housekeeping was great!
I was especially pleased that the breakfast started at 5 am. Staff was there to keep the food well stocked. We found oatmeal porridge and yogurt, fresh fruit and juices. Others went for the waffles, toast, hard boiled eggs, etc.
In Sidney it would be rare to find a day when air conditioning would be required. We could open the window to some degree. We were on the lower floor with a door opening to the outdoor pool. It was noisy with the window open or the air conditioning on, so we opened the door or window for short time to air the room out before sleep time. Wake up call came for us, no problem.
The flooring in the hallway appears to be in need of a good shampoo.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our early morning breakfast and our pool side rooms. We are always looking at ways to improve our guests experiance so your comments are well recieved.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here for the sole reason that if was very close to the airport and we had a very early flight. There is a shuttle to the airport, which operates really early.

The room was clean and reasonably comfortable, but you get what you pay for. Everything was very basic. Example: a shower curtain with no liner.

My criticism is the noise. We had a room on the first floor and at 4 AM, I could hear loud and clear the people above us who must have had an even earlier flight.

We left a wake up call so as not to miss the flight. Good thing I set the alarm in my phone as well since the wake up call never came.

Room Tip: Top floor!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
GMNCVat, General Manager at Travelodge Victoria Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always looking at ways to improve our guest’s experience, and your comment about the shower curtains is something that we will review and take into consideration. I would like to apologize for the lack of a wakeup call. I will review it with our staff because we realize our guests depend on us to deliver our services promptly and without mistakes.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Travelodge in Aug 2013 while on a trip to tour around Sidney and visit Butchart Gardens. We have stayed at this hotel before and where quite satisfied. This time it was even better, the breakfast area has been moved from the lobby to its own room, the breakfast was quite adequate. We had a room with a queen bed, it also had a mini kitchen if you needed that. The room was clean and comfortable- which to us is the most important aspect. There is a shuttle to the airport if you need that. I think the hotel management is really making a great effort to give their guests a a pleasant stay at a reasonable price. This is our hotel of choice now if we are staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMNCVat, General Manager at Travelodge Victoria Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and liked our new breakfast room. We are always looking at ways to improve our property and our guest’s experience. We look forward to having you stay with us again and hopefully we will be able to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The room was comfortable enough and up to my standards (clean, bed a bit firm but otherwise clean, safe, friendly staff). The a/c blasted arctic cold air, and I found a way to turn that off (it was really noisy anyway). Unfortunately, the outside noise was just as bad. I got a room at the back of the hotel that must have been close to the pub. I didn't hear any noise from the pub itself (no loud music, for example)-- it was (what sounded like) an outdoor exhaust fan that kept me awake all night. I travel with a portable sound spa these days, and had it turned up so I had white noise countering the other noise, but unfortunately it didn't work.
Now I could (and probably should) have complained to staff about it, but I thought that the noise would stop later on, or that my sound spa would help me sleep through it. The other thing I should have done was complain in the morning, but at that point I just wanted to leave. The front counter staff (nice lady) didn't ask me how was my stay, otherwise I would have mentioned it.
I realize that there's not much that hotel management can do when noise is coming from other establishments, but the loudness of it was really unacceptable.
Otherwise, except for that exhaust fan, the room was just fine. But because I could only get about 3 hours of sleep, I have to give this a poor rating.
Also, I know that lots of hotels like to give the cheap continental breakfast, but this one was really dismal. Crowded, in a small closed room (no windows), blah food. I found myself wishing I'd brought my own breakfast with me to have in my room.
Having said all this, I WOULD like to stay again, but not sure I could chance being stuck another night with The Noise!
PS: I didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. It's in a private, enclosed courtyard.

Room Tip: Skip the breakfast (bring your own muffins and stuff), and ask for a quiet room, preferably facing the street, or at least on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Annette060
GMNCVat, General Manager at Travelodge Victoria Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your comments.
I'm glad you found the room clean and comfortable but obviously that's not much to appreciate if you weren’t able to enjoy a good nights rest and we apologies for that. As I don't know which room you were in I can only make guesses as to what caused the noise you describe, but regrettably as you pointed out if you had contacted the staff at the time, we would have made every effort to either locate the noise or move you to another room. I must also apologize for our failure by not inquiring if you enjoyed your stay before you left at check-out. Our policy is to ask every guest if they enjoyed their stay so that we have an opportunity to find out about their stay and respond if needed. As for our breakfast, as I've said in response to another review. We feel we have provided a comfortable, bright, cafe style place for our guests to enjoy the free continental breakfast which includes coffee, juice, fresh fruit, hot & cold cereal, bagels, muffins, toast with p.b. and jam, hard boiled eggs, yoghurt and hot fresh waffles. We will always review our offering and continually look at ways to improve our guest’s experience.