Travelodge Victoria Airport
Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$125
$119
Agoda.com
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$131
$128
Hotwire.com
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
$179
Priceline
$112
TripAdvisor
$70
$248
$237
Orbitz.com
Villa Eyrie Resort(Malahat)(Great Value!)
$193
$178
Cherry Tree Inn(Saanich)(Great Value!)
$62
Travelocity
$139
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvictoria airportfree shuttleoutdoor poolgas stationpub next doortravel lodgeshuttle servicenext morningcharles dickensbreakfast room isconvenience storebasic hotelvery early morning flightyogurtconvenient place to stayfirst floorsmall kitchenette
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the Travelodge in Sidney while leaving and returning from a holiday. The Lodge is located just a couple of minutes from the airport and has a free shuttle which will take you to the airport and pick you up if the return flight is before 10:00 pm. Our flight back was later so we took a taxi which was still around $7.00 - Good way to make a taxi driver mad, lose his place in line for a short trip like that.
We were able to leave our car at the hotel for only $5.00 a day. The hotel was quiet, the rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable and there was also a decent breakfast included. The price was very resonable. We would highly recommend the Travelodge if you are visiting in the area or flying to other destinations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank allhth
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We choose to spend a weekend in Sidney just to wander and relax. We arrived at approx 11am and inquired if we could just leave our car at the hotel until check in only to be informed that our room was actually ready. We were in a newer room on the third floor overlooking the main road. The room included a fridge and microwave, two queen size beds and a good sized bathroom. The room was very clean. Breakfast is served from 5-9am which really surprised me. It consisted of muffins, apples, yogurt, bread (including raisin bread!!) and bagels, boiled eggs, cereal, juice, coffee and tea. Breakfast is kept very well stocked.
The beds are comfy and the linens are nice. The rooms are decorated tastefully. The flat screen TV has a large variety of channels.
If we were to stay here again, I would ask to not be so close to the front door area as we could hear the slamming of the shuttle doors early in the morning.
We found the staff super helpful and friendly and the location is great. We parked our car and were able to walk everywhere we wanted to get to.
I only had one "hmmm" moment. On our first morning there I went down for breakfast in the lobby. A man was sitting at the guest computer station not actually using the computer but just playing on his phone, I assumed he was a husband waiting for his wife, This was confirmed when about 10 minutes later a lady arrived at the front desk and he looked at her and said "ready to go?". She said yes and they both walked out to the shuttle. That was when I realized that he was in fact the shuttle driver who was just using the guest computer area as his own nesting station. I was still in the lobby when he returned and he again took his seat at the computer station. I wondered if the same thing would be apparent the next morning but there was a different driver that day and he had left the computer area free for guests.
Overall great value for money and a well run hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fatdogowner
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed 1 night on March 9th 2013. About 5 minutes drive to and from the Victoria International airport. Had a very good experience and the stay was like coming home. (I used to live in Sidney at one time). The Hotel has 2 sides. 1 newer side facing the main street of Beacon avenue and an older side facing the rear of the property. I stayed in the older part at the rear, and was pleasantly surprised that the room came equipped with fridge, stove, stainless steel sink and microwave among the other usual appliances. Dated bathrooms, but clean and that is the most important part. Being next to an all night gas station/convenience store was also convenient for those late night necessities and if you are into drinking, there is a beer & wine store and a pub on the property. The hotel also has a pool, although seasonal, which I did not try because it was closed. Those with family traveling in the holiday months may appreciate the pool. The staff were super friendly and very helpful. The room also comes with a continental breakfast which to the apparent disappointment of the desk clerk at check out I could not try (Had to be at the airport by 6:45 am.) I am assuming the newer part did not come with all the appliances like the older part, but I cannot confirm that. I know a lot of the airlines used this hotel for the flight crews a few years ago. Whether they still do I do not know, but that could explain the number of household appliances in the room. Come to think of it, I think there may have been a dishwasher in the room as well.

Regardless, I had a pleasant stay and would recommend it. Not 5 star, but not 5 star pricing either.

Enjoy.

Kerry W.
Yorkton SK

Room Tip: Try and get a room with the appliances if you are traveling with the kids. You could save a lot of money being able to cook in the room. Also, Sidney is a beautiful little seaside town. Take advantage of the waterfront walkways about 8 minutes walk from the hotel at the other end of Beacon avenue.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kerry W
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Booked two nights stay at this hotel for our trip to Mexico. Hotel will allow you to park your car but charge you 5.00 per day. Hotel is clean , rooms are good enough for what you are using it for. Hotel provides simple breakfast in the morning. Hotel shuttle is small so you must pre book your seat. I was not told this information upon check in after asking about the shuttle service. Ended up taking a taxi to the airport cost me 20.00 not worth getting upset over as I was going on holidays :) front desk staff very friendly. would stay there again next time we travel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank classicbabe1
GMNCVat, General Manager at Travelodge Victoria Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. To clarify, we only charge parking fees for vehicles that are left at the hotel past the guests stay. Otherwise it is free parking while you are staying at the hotel. As for the reference to a "small shuttle" we do ask guests to reserve a place on our outgoing courtesy shuttles as they only leave on the hour and only when booked, staff should have informed you of this at check in, so I apologize if you were not informed at that time. Incoming guests can request a courtesy pickup shuttle from the airport or ferries anytime between 5 am and 10 pm daily.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My family and I had two rooms at the Travelodge for one night, prior to an early morning airport departure. We were very satisfied with our stay.

The location is great - you can walk a couple of blocks to the shops & restaurants of downtown Sidney & the scenic waterfront. The hotel is near a gas station for refuelling your rental car, and then a 5-min drive from the airport.

The rooms are clean and comfortable, and I slept soundly. The room has a fridge, microwave, tv, alarm clock - everything you need for a quick night's stop. My only quibble with the room is the shower head is about 5' high, so even though I'm not tall, I had to crouch. For me the other aspects of the hotel more than make up for something like that, but some might find it an issue.

The customer service was excellent from all staff we spoke with, both on check-in and check-out. When we arrived, the desk clerk recommended a parking spot by the back door, which was closest to our rooms. The next morning, check-out was quick & smooth, and the desk clerk (a different person) went out of his way to facilitate our taking some food with us, as we were in a hurry. Very friendly and efficient service.

All for less than $100/night, including taxes. A great value, and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Unplug the TV when you go to sleep, or else the screen will glow all night even though it's turned off.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family